7.

My eyes open and I felt confused. I sat in an unfamiliar bed, lost and dazed.

The last thing I remember is the airport, my hand laced in Matt's. I was right behind him, tired and trying to keep up with his pace.

Over twenty four hours of travelling doesn't go well with me.

I patted the bed, expecting to find Matt, my heart racing when I realise he's not there. "Matt?" I pushed the covers off me, exposing the empty side of the bed.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" I heard his voice, but I couldn't see him.

A light came on and Matt was standing in the doorway of the bathroom. "Where are we?" I asked, unsettled.

"The resort, calm down" he said, crawling on the bed and kissing my forehead.

I took a deep breath, scanning my surroundings. "What time is it?" I asked

"Seven in the morning, babe" he said, getting off the bed and pushing back the curtains, letting natural light into the room. He turned the light off and gestured for me to get out of bed, before walking out of the bedroom.

I followed, entering a small room before he opened a door, looking at the bluish water.

A romantic retreat in an over water bungalow, thatched huts flawlessly overlooked a clear lagoon with mountains behind them. Pure paradise. "Oh, wow" I gasped

I didn't expect Matt to book us a place like this. Breathtaking was the only word to describe such beauty.

"This is beautiful" I gasped

I looked at Matt and he nodded. "Not as beautiful as you. Go back in and get some sleep, we have a long night ahead of us" he smiled, forming butterflies in my stomach.

"A long night?" I asked, and he nodded again, smiling.

"In more ways than one" he flirted, and I swatted his arm.

"Don't be cheeky" There's something about the way he smirked and narrowed his eyes at me, that attract me.

"I have a few things to do, sweetheart. I'll be done in a few hours and we can celebrate New Year's Eve"

I leaned up and kissed him softly. "What are you doing?"

What could he possibly have to do while on vacation with me?

"I have to double check things with the resort. Get sleep, you'll need it" he smiled, making me laugh again.

~

Matt looked at my body, my dress hugging me in the right places. "You, my girl, are so beautiful"

I smirked, looking at his attire.

He could be wearing a paper bag and still be handsome. "It's going to be a long night" he mumbled against my lips. "In more ways than one"

I pulled away, fixing my lipstick. "It'll be long" I said, looking into his eyes. "Especially for you" I smiled, stepping away from him as he looked confused.

"How?" He cleared his throat

"I'm not wearing underwear" I said, stepping outside on to the boardwalk where he has to behave himself.

We walked hand in hand, making our way around the retreat, looking for the restaurant Matt chose for us to eat at.

We were welcomed politely and shown to a table in a private area, where a few couples dined.  Matt pulled my chair out for me,  a gesture he didn't get to do very often.

Matt sat across from me, wearing a navy blue button down. He finally looked up at me and smiled. "What do you want to order?" He asked

I highly doubt saying him with a side of wine is suitable to say at a dinner table. I licked my lips, looking at the menu. "Wine, please" I cleared my throat, looking at the menu of wines. "White wine of your choice"