16

For the last few weeks, Matt had been stuck in the house, forced to stay in bed and relax. He hadn't been to the office and it's killing him. He hates it and I hated it too.

He didn't know what to do without work, he just lazed around the house with his phone or computer, to keep up to date with what's happening with his business. He had Anna and Nate keeping him updated with everything.

I was thankful he trusted Nate otherwise Matt would be a mess.

I walked downstairs of our house, curious to where he was. He couldn't have went too far considering he just took his pain meds and he was warned to take it easy by the doctor.

"Matt?"

I got a muffled response. "Living room" I walked into the living room and saw Matt, sprawled on the couch.

I leaned against the doorframe. "Let's set a date" I smiled, as he scrolled on his phone, probably checking emails. Or annoying Nate.

"What do you mean, sweetheart?"  He yawned, keeping his eyes on his phone as I stayed leaned on the doorframe.

I looked down at my engagement ring, appreciating how the diamonds glistened. "The wedding, Matt" I smiled. Now was a better time than any. "The thing that makes you my husband, the thing you got mad at me for because I didn't want to rush?"

He looked up at me and smirked. "Okay, when do you want to get married?" He asked, sitting up and showing some pain.

As little girl's, most of us plan our weddings in our heads, from flowers to diamonds, to the location and the honeymoon.

I can't remember any ideas I had going around in my head. But, the one thing that is the same is that I don't want it to be in the dead of winter where snow falls and everyone struggles to find something suitable and warm enough to wear to a beautiful wedding.

"I just don't want it to be in winter" I slowly sat down, turning to look at him as he nodded.

"Are you okay?" I asked, unable to ignore his groaning.

"Just my back" he cleared his throat. "Nothing to worry about , sweetheart. The wedding" he added, moving into a comfortable position. "If you want something warm, why don't we have it in a tropical place? Hawaii is nice"

I shook my head. "That would cost a lot of money, and it's stressful for everyone"

"I don't have an issue paying. Tell me what you're thinking" he asked, putting his phone down and giving me his full attention

I don't have many plans regarding the wedding, all plans from when I was six years old, are far from what I want now.

"Y/N, babe-" Matt placed his hand on my knee, cutting me from my thoughts. I hummed, looking at him and allowing him to continue with whatever he wants to say.

"How about a year from now?" He suggested. "I've always thought May was a nice month, not too hot, not too cold" he added, and I agreed with him.

I smiled. "So, a year from now?" I asked, reaching for his phone to check his calendar. "Okay, a year from now is a Thursday, what about the Saturday?" I asked, looking up at him. "The twelfth, your calendar says you're free" I winked, showing him his phone.

"Sounds good to me. You need to find a venue and make sure it's available otherwise we're fucked...come here, lie beside me" he instructed, making enough room for me to lie down beside him.

"You mean, we need go find a venue" I corrected, making him laugh. "What are you thinking?" I asked, waiting for his input.

I know most guys don't care for detail, but I wanted him to be apart of the decision making. "I haven't thought about it much" he said, putting his hand on my thigh.