4

A/N: sorry there's a lot of dialogue!

My fingers type away as I write an email for my boss who doesn't have a way with words. He's not too formal. He's straightforward and doesn't stick to sophistication when it comes to emails.

I looked away from the screen, seeing a shadow at the door. I smiled at Tara as she walked in, holding my files. I leaned back in my chair and crossed my arms, looking at her outfit. A nicer than usual dress and heels that looked brand new.

"Tara, what's this?" I asked, pointing up and down at her. She smiled and I raised my eyebrow. "Spill" I instruct as she put my files on my desk.

"I'm going out after I finish work" she said and bites her lip.

"Don't make me guess"

"Tonight's the night" she whispered, her eyes sparkling.

"The night?"

The night for what?

Honestly, it could be the night she gets rid of the horrible Christmas sweaters she wears when we're told to wear a Christmas sweater. It could also be the night she gets drunk for the first time. She's a goody good.

"You know" she whispered, blushing.

"The night for sex?" I asked, for my own amusement.

Watching her eyes widen when I said the word sex is entertaining.

"No!" She shook her head.

The word sex is a word she avoided coming to grips with. As her best friend, it's my duty to bring it up and watch her as she squirms.

"Tara, there's nothing wrong if it's the night" I assured her, winking at her.

She huffed and glared at me. Okay, time to be serious.

"What's tonight?" I asked again, taking the files into my lap and running my fingers over them.

"I think he's proposing"

"Really?" I narrowed my eyes at her, surprised she thinks she's getting engaged.

This is the first I've heard about it and I'd expect her boyfriend to tell me if he's planning to marry my best friend.

"I found the box. I hinted I wanted a holiday proposal" she added, sitting on the edge of my desk.

"Tara, I found a lot of boxes and none of them was an engagement ring. It could be earrings" I sighed, not wanting her to get her hopes up.

I remember the time I was looking for something, and a small blue box fell out of the wardrobe. I started freaking out, thinking Matt was going to propose. That night when he came home, I couldn't look at him. Turns out, he bought me earrings to match my dress for one of his events.

"I think it is" she shook her head.

"Let me know how it goes" I tell her, getting back to my work as she stood up from the desk and left my office.

Unlike Matt, I didn't have a massive window with a beautiful view in my office. Sometimes I was jealous of him.

It was ten in the morning and I still didn't have a coffee.

My phone took my attention as I looked down at it.

Matt; hope you're feeling better. Where are you? You're not at home, I'm disappointed x
CEO. Sturniolo & Co- Matt

You; I feel better. I'm at work, you'll get over it. Fancy bringing me a coffee? I'll make it worth your while ;)

Matt: are you planning to seduce me at the workplace? Y/N, that's unprofessional
CEO. Sturniolo & Co- Matt