23

Until Death Do Us Part

The honeymoon was amazing. We spent most of our time on the beach, trying new foods and restaurants. When we weren't doing those things, we were in our hotel room, it seems like we can't get enough of each other.

Matt rushed around me, buttoning up his shirt and I slipped on my heels. On our honeymoon, I didn't miss this, the early mornings, the rush and working.

"Matt" I tried to get his attention, rubbing his arm. He stopped for a minute, taking a second to breathe and look at me.

"Sorry, babe. Good morning, I love you" he mumbled, giving me a half assed kiss as he tied his tie.

"Matt, I'm late" I sighed.

"Me too. I'm so late for this meeting" he mumbled, brushing past me as he reaches for his cologne. "Happy one month. I have dinner organised, I love you" he fell over his feet, rushing to get himself today before he kissed my lips.

"Happy one month, I love you too" I said, as he grabbed the keys from the bed and rushed out of the room.

***

I sighed, waiting at the table Matt made reservations for. He was supposed to be here twenty minutes ago. I looked at the tables with other couples, appreciating their wine and dinner. I sat on my own, looking like I was stood up.

I tried to keep myself busy by observing the little things about the restaurant. It had a warm and romantic characteristic, the tables have a white candle lit in the middle of it, setting the romantic tone. I guess I shouldn't complain about Matt being late, he did give me his undivided attention on our honeymoon, except for the times at night when he would call Nate and Anna about the business.

I tried his phone again, my eyes staring at the texts I already sent him.

Me: hey! I'm on my way to the restaurant. I love you.

Matt; hey, babe. I'm going to be late, I'm a little held up. I'll be there at seven thirty, I love you x
CEO. Sturniolo & Co- Matt.

Me: hey, are you on the way? It's seven forty five and I'm just sitting here x

Me: Matt? I'm not sure if the meeting is longer than expected, but I'm worried..

Me: Matt, it's eight...

Me: should I be worried? I can't get ahold of you and I'm starting to panic...

Me: Anna said you left at seven twenty, I'm assuming you forgot about dinner or you're busy with work...I'm going home, I'll see you there

I politely call the waiter that has nicely served me the last hour or so, keeping me refreshed with drinks. He smiled at me. "Is Matt on the way?" He asked and I shook my head.

"He's stuck at work. I'm sorry for the trouble" I said, grabbing my purse to pay for the drinks and the kind service.

I looked up, noticing a familiar face in the restaurant, my eyes not recognising him until he came closer. I was shocked when I saw Logan walking around the tables and stopping when he reached mine. What is he doing here? He managed to pop up at the worst times, probably to piss Matt off. Jokes on him, Matt's not here.

I titled my head, looking at Logan as he bit his lip. "Logan, what are you doing?" I asked, sliding my jacket on.

"I need you to come with me" he said, so delicately it sent shivers down my spine. Ever since I found those files, I've been on edge with him, he leaves me with a bitter taste when he shows up unannounced.