11

It had been a week since I first started working at Logan's company, and it wasn't that bad. I thought it would be worse.

I've barely seen Matt, he hadn't been home in too long. The longest he was at the house was Saturday when he slept in. I was more worried at the prenuptial we were yet to talk about and the fact I'm supposed to go to New York with Logan next weekend. All I knew was it was three days in New York, two of the days were for business and one free days.

I stepped into the house and went into the living room, where I was shocked to see Matt.

"You finally decided to come home" I raised my eyebrow, unsure of why he's home early. It was eight pm and I didn't think he'd leave the office until two am. He nodded, looking back at his laptop.

"I need to go to New York this weekend" I tell him, not bothering to ease him into it. Either way, he was going to throw a tantrum and make it known he was against the idea. He looked up at me, biting his tongue. "Are you going to say anything?"

His silence is like the calm before the storm. You'd think everything is perfect, no wind, no rain, a ray of sunshine, then out of nowhere it's downpour with rolling thunder.

"I don't fucking think so" he answered, shaking his head.

"Matt-"

"I don't fucking think so, Y/N. Don't bother trying. No!"

I sighed, as he closed the computer in rage. He stood up, continuing to shake his head as I crossed my arms.

"Are you done?"

"This conversation is over"

"Like hell it is" I shook my head, following him into the kitchen. "We're talking about this" I said, watching him take a bottle of water from the refrigerator.

"There is nothing to talk about, you're not going"

No matter what I say, it will lead to a fight. Matt isn't going to win this. I didn't stop him from his business trips, I trusted him fully not to do anything stupid with his assistant.

~

"I'm going to this business thing!" I groaned, throwing my hands in the air. "You're so damn-" I huffed, not being able to find the right words to describe how I feel about him.

"You're not going to New York with that idiot! It's bad enough you're working for him" he shook his head, refusing to budge. "I know how these trips work" he continued, narrowing his eyes

"Be careful with what you say. You have an assistant who's gorgeous" I bring to his attention, keeping my voice calm.

He shook his head again. "You're not going" his voice was firm, but not enough for me to back down.

He needed to learn to draw a line between business and our relationship.

"Yes I am"

"You're my fiancée, and I say no" I raised my eyebrow as he spoke, the fact he's trying to label our relationship as a way to stop my business is irritating. He stepped closer, narrowing his eyes at me.

"You're being a controlling idiot right now" I said, not approving of his CEO side.

"You are mine" he continued. He didn't need to say it out loud for us all to know we are engaged.

"I'm not your possession, Matt" I remind him, as he shuffled closer to me as I lean on the arm rest of the couch.

"No you're not, but I don't like the guy. I don't want you on a business trip with him" he continued, putting his hand on my thigh. "I don't want him getting ideas" I rolled my eyes, refraining from telling him how stupid he is.