3

I stood outside Sturniolo & Co, unable to get through the glass doors. I completely forgot the building was closed at this hour and only Matt had access. I should've stayed in the Penthouse, but I didn't like sleeping without him. The thing I hate about the penthouse is that it's so closed off without Matt's keys, I can only get through the exit. I can't get to the offices or to the other suites kept for his clients.

I took my phone out to text him.

You: can you let me in? I'm outside and it's so cold

Matt: what the hell? Hold on, Anna will let you in x
CEO. Sturniolo & Co- Matt

You: who the hell is Anna?

I didn't get a reply, but the lobby lights came on and a young woman, dressed in leggings and a sweater, came out. "Hello, Y/N?" She smiled, letting me in.

"Hi" I said, skeptical about her. Why is she here with Matt at four in the morning?

"It's nice to meet you" She continued the conversation, keeping it short and simple as we walked to the elevator.

~

"What are you doing here? Is everything okay? Why aren't you in the Penthouse?" Matt asked, standing up from his leather chair.

"You know I hate sleeping alone" I tell him, falling into his arms, feeling relaxed when he wraps his arms around me.

"I couldn't sleep, so I came here since you left me naked and deprived in the Penthouse" I said, walking around his desk and looking out the window, looking at the city view.

"I have no comment" he bit his lip. "I'm working, honey. You need to sleep" he sighed, not happy about the idea of me being in his office at four in the morning, even if he rushed off. I ignored him, keeping my eyes on the view.

I heard him yawn as he sat back down on his leather chair. I turned around and stepped closer to him, as he turned in the chair to face me.

"Who's Anna?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him

"She's my assistant"

"Really?"

"Calm down, she's new. I'm training her, so far, she passes my tests"

"The one where she wears a sweater and leggings around you?" I crossed my arms, unsure of why she was here at this time.

"Baby, I called her when I left the Penthouse. I didn't expect her to put work clothes on"

"Why did you call her?"

He hummed. "Are you jealous?" He raised an eyebrow, seeming amused. I didn't think I was jealous. I'd like to title my feelings as territorial and curious.

"I'm not jealous"

"I think you are" he smiled, seeming entertained.

"Wait, she isn't exactly off putting"

"Do you want me to fire her?" He asked, taking me by surprise.

"No. You can't fire her because I think she's beautiful"

"I can so what I want. Even though, she's a good assistant and I'd have to find her a new job to compensate for your jealousy"

"Whatever, no. Keep her if she's good" I shook my head. "You need to sleep" I said, taking note of his sleep deprived eyes.

He sighed and nodded. "Yeah, but I have work to do"

"Matt, work can wait" I shook my head, not liking how exhausted he looked.