22

Your POV

Six years ago if someone told me the blue eyed twenty one year old I stumbled across would be multimillionaire, I would've laughed and rolled my eyes. If I was told I'd be marrying the CEO of a multimillionaire company, I would've questioned if they were sober or not.

But here I am, standing in front of a mirror with a beautiful dress complimenting my figure in every way, trailing behind me as the crystals of the dress shine against the light of the bridal room.  The dress was a lace bodice, pleated romance satin belt at the waist and finished off with a soft Vicenza skirt. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect dress.

I've been asked countless times this morning if I was nervous and to be honest, I'm not. I know what I'm walking down the aisle to. I'm walking down the aisle to spend the rest of my life with the person I love more than life. I'm walking to my future, to the rest of my life.

This is our kind of meant to be. This is our story, our happily ever after.

My bridesmaids circled me one last time, to make sure every inch of my dress, hair and accessories are in the right order. I took one last deep breath, amused by my bridal party as they look at me.

"I think I'm about ready. If I take any longer, I think he'll start pacing the floors, if he isn't already" I smiled at my bridal party and they looked at me, not my dress or my hair.

While standing outside the large doors, I can hear the whispers of the guests, and I wonder what they're talking about. I always found myself talking about flowers and the nerves of the groom when I went to the weddings.

The guests grew silent when they heard the priest. "Please, stand for the bride"

I smiled to myself, looking down at the flower girl  and the ring bearer, both dressed in cute outfits. The flower girl lined the aisle with white rose petals as she stepped in front of me, my dad took my arm and started walking me down the aisle. The aisle seems longer and narrower as we walk down it slowly. I smile at the guests who stared at me, getting a look at the dress and the flowers.

As I walk down the aisle to the rest of my life, my eyes met the ones I fell in love with years ago. I never thought the sparkling eyes would be waiting for me at the end of the aisle with tears in them.

I look at him as I walk closer, my emotions full of nothing but love for the man before me. His lips curve into a smile as he wiped a tear from his eye. He was never one to show emotion.

I stood before Matt, my father still on my arm before I feel him parting ways with me.

The end of the aisle signifies a new beginning.

I turn to my Dad, his eyes welled up with tears at the thought of giving his little girl away. Even though he knew this was coming, I don't think he was prepared. I don't think I'm prepared and I'm the one getting married.

My father gave me a hug before pressing a kiss to my cheek, before presenting me to my groom. He placed my hand in Matt's before stepping away, allowing me to begin my new forever.

"Dearly beloved, we're gathered here today to witness this man and woman come together in holy matrimony" The priest welcomed our guests, essentially beginning to unite family and friends as one.

Matt held my hand before he is given the cue to say his vows, vows he kept a secret from me.

We agreed to write our own vows and take each other by surprise on the day. It was his idea.

He cleared his throat, taking a deep breath.

"Six years, that is 2,190 days, 52,560 hours, you have blessed my life with your love. Today I promise to spend the rest of my life with you and only you. I choose to spend every day with you, through ups and downs, and to be faithful and encouraging. I promise to cherish you through everything, to be your anchor when you need it, to be a shoulder you can cry on. I promise to make you feel loved and remind you every day how beautiful you are to me. I take you to be my wife, to have and hold, in tears and laughter, in sickness and health, to love and cherish from this day forward, I do"