20

Matt's POV

I groaned when my alarm blared its way through my dark bedroom, the sun hadn't managed to peak through the curtains. I reached to my bedside table for my phone, accidentally knocking it to the floor before I can shut it off. "Fuck" I groan, forcing my body to lean over the bed and pull up my phone. With one eye open, I turn off my alarm, ignoring the messages from Anna.

I sighed and lay on my back, staring at the ceiling as my mind wondered to the business side of things and plans for today. I rubbed my eyes, becoming distracted when I hear Y/N's voice. "Good morning" she softly said and I move to my side, propping up on my arm.

"Hey, why are you up? It's four in the morning" I asked, taking note of how she was against the headboard and the pillows.

She shrugged. "I can't sleep" she leaned over and kissed me softly. "You're cute when you're sleepy" she smiled, and I smirked, falling back on my pillow. "Especially when you do that" She said and I felt her hand against my bare back, gliding in a soothing motion.

"That feels good" I mumbled into my pillow, closing my eyes and becoming relaxed.

"As much as I want to sit here and keep doing this, you'll be annoyed if I let you fall asleep" Y/N lured me away from my comfortable stage. I opened my eyes and propped myself back up, looking at her.

"Good idea" I nodded. "Do you have work today?" I asked, forcing myself to sit up and pull the blankets off my body, standing up from the bed on my feet.

I sighed, feeling a small ache in my lower back when I stretched. She shrugged. "I don't want to go in" she said, reaching for her phone. I didn't ask another question, I leave her be and go into the bathroom to brush my teeth and allow myself to wake up.

I stepped back into the room and saw Y/N still propped against the headboard, and her eyes follow me around the room.

"You didn't sleep, did you?" I asked, raising an eyebrow while I pulled my shirt on and pulled it to the front of my body. Y/N shook her head as I buttoned up my shirt.

"Y/N, you need sleep" I sighed, taking note of the circles under her eyes.

"I'm fine" she mumbled, not convincing me at all.

"I beg to differ" I shook my head. "I woke up to you kicking and whimpering in your sleep, you're not fine. Can you tell me what happened? I can help" I said, keeping my eyes on her as I finished buttoning my shirt.

Y/N grew withdrawn, not responding to me and she just stared at me.

I kept getting ready, leaving the bedroom silent while I put on my pants, socks and shoes, trying to think of a way to get her to talk.

"Baby, I've seen every Nicholas Sparks movie with you. I know every detail about everything you love and hate, this isn't you. Nightmares are rare. Fuck, Y/N, I'd do anything for you and you know you don't have to keep anything from me. What happened? Was it Logan? You don't get to come home with bruises and not explain" I mumbled, aware my tone of voice is awful, but I'm frustrated and hurt.

I shook my head when she didn't say anything, she just kept staring at me.

I ran my hand through my hair. "Y/N, are you going to talk or just stare at me?" I asked, not sure of why she was staring at me. "I have to go, I'm going to need you to come with me" I mumbled. "And since you're not talking to me, it won't be an issue" I said, grabbing my jacket and putting it on, staring at Y/N as she stayed in bed. "Come on, get up. I'll be late" I gesture to the time as she glares at me.

"Why are you being harsh?" She asked, finally managing to speak.

I sighed. "Y/N, I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be harsh. I'm upset that my soon to be wife came home with bruises on her. I feel like I've failed as a partner. Get dressed, you're coming to work with me" I said, trying my best not to sound like an asshole. I just want her to be safe and feel safe, and now, the best I can do is keep her at arms reach.