17

I yawned and rubbed my eyes, anxious to get home to sleep. My body felt sleep deprived, the last five hours of working with Logan made my body ache.

"Y/N, take these down the hall to the very end, here is the key. The door is on the left, file them in the filing compartment on the right and look for the file with the last name, Thomas. Take this whole box too" he said, dropping a pile of files on top of a box.

Logan seemed in a bad mood this morning, I didn't know why. He seemed to be on edge, like his mind was fighting a million different thoughts.

I nodded, taking the keys as he picked up the box and handed it to me. I groaned, the heaviness being something I didn't expect, something I probably shouldn't carry at two in the morning.

I didn't complain, I just did what I was told and step out of Logan's office, walking down the hall until I reach the door on the left. I put the box down and grab the right key, struggling with the lock. I finally manage and bend over to pick up the box of files. "Fuck" I mumbled, feeling pain as I carry the box into the room.

I placed the box and grabbed the folders Logan gave me, as I open the filing compartment he told me to open.

I sat down on the floor, my fingers browsing over the several files, trying to find the one he specifically directed me to look for. I sighed, my body feeling sleep deprived as I read the files, trying to get to the T section.

When my finger came across a file with 'Sturniolo' on it, I became wide eyed, feeling awake now. I bit my lip and stared at the same, my fingers twitching while I attempt to hold myself back from taking the file.

I shook my head, rubbing my eyes again to make sure I wasn't seeing things, and that file really did have Matt's last name on it. I passed the 'S' section, found the 'T' and pulled out Thomas. I placed it beside me, my mind reminding me of the file with Sturniolo on it.

I decide to take my chances and take the file to open it, my eyes struggling to focus on the first page that stares at me.

I'm stopped from reading more when I heard a door closing and footsteps, my heart racing as I rush to put the folder back, my hands grasping the folder Logan asked for as he stepped in, with darker eyes than normal.

"I found the file, do you want these filed now?" I asked, gesturing to the pile of files he told me to bring down here.

"I can do it" he said, seeming off. He offered me his hand and helped me back to my feet, and I felt my stomach knot.

"Do you need me to stay longer? I don't feel great" I asked, my mind full of too many thoughts now.

Why is there a file with Matt's name on it? And why does Logan have it?

Logan nodded. "Yeah, I was about to tell you to leave anyway. I'm sure Matt will be pissed if I keep you much longer" he mumbled, looking at the files before looking at the filing compartment. "I need the keys back"

I handed him the keys, not wasting another minute before walking out of the room, shocked when I hear the door shut and him trailing behind me. "I'll walk you to your car, make sure you get there safe" he said, walking beside me.

He doesn't say much as he walks me to my car, in fact, he barely said a word.

****

The whole drive home, my mind raced with thoughts and feelings, both of which I can't comprehend. I don't know what to tell Matt when I get home. I don't know what he wants to know and what he needs to know.

I took the long way home to give myself extra time to come together with my thoughts, trying to make sense of things.

When I pulled into the driveway, I parked the car and turned it off before leaning back in my chair. I look at the time that read an ungodly hour.

I got out of the car, closing the door and locked it before I walked to the front of the house, taking my time as I continued to piece things together. I pushed the front door open, feeling more at ease as I kicked the door closed.

I hurried up the stairs, my mind scrambling like it has been all night.

I just need to tell him, a few things, actually. I just don't have the right words.

I reached the bedroom and Matt was fast asleep in the middle of the bed, his legs sprawled out and his arms tucked under the pillow.

I walk closer to the bed and sit on the edge before I rest my hand on his warm skin. "Matt, Matt I need you to wake up" I said, carefully shaking his arm and managing to wake him up.

He grunted and stirred. "Matt, I need to talk to you" I said, and he lifted his head off the pillow.

"Baby, I'm exhausted" he said, dragging out his words and sighing.

"Matt, it's important, please" I sighed, feeling his legs move under the comfort of the blanket.

"Are you okay?" He asked, and I could see his eyes struggling to stay open.

"I need to tell you something, are you listening?" I asked, and his eyes opened back up as he licked his lips and moved his hand to pull at the blankets.

"I'm listening" he mumbled, laying back on his pillow.

"Okay, so...Matt...I'm..." I trailed off when I saw his eyes are closed and his breathing got heavier, a sign he was asleep and not listening.