Part 1

Tim and Isabel have been dating for a while. They ended up eloping. 

Isabel is a undercover detective that has performed a lot of long term assignments, Tim always held his breathe when she went under.

It has been three years since Tim has seen his wife, he was cooking dinner when there was a knock at the door. He opened the door and there was a woman standing there.

Woman: "Good Evening, I'm looking for a Tim Bradford. Is that you?"

Tim: "Yes, I am. Come in." They sit on the couch.

Woman: "I'm Sophie, from child protective services."

Tim: "Ok, but I don't have a kid."

Sophie: "I'm sorry to inform you that you do, your wife Isabel had a daughter. She ended up OD, she is no longer capable of taking care of your daughter as she ran off with the gang leaving her behind. Your daughter is 3 years old."

Tim: "Ok, this is a lot. What's going to happen to our daughter?"

Sophie: "I know this is a lot but you want to, your daughter can live with you. Only if you're up for it."

Tim: "I want to be their for my daughter, when do I get to meet her?"

Sophie: "She is with my colleague in the car, I can get her brought up here."

Tim: "Okay, what happens after I meet her?"

Sophie: "I can allow you to have her stay here with you, and we will perform a check in. The check in will be in a few days to see if you are okay with this, then once everything is well we will leave you to be." Tim nods and Sophie calls her colleague up. The colleague walks in with the little girl.

The little girl stares at Tim. Tim slowly approaches, keeping some distance and crouching down to her level.

Tim: "Hello, I'm Tim. I'm your dad. What's your name?" The little girl remains quiet and doesn't say a word.

Sophie: "Her name is Aurora. She doesn't talk much, due to her mother telling her to keep quiet as she is a big talker." Tim couldn't believe how Isabel treated their daughter.

Tim: "Hey Aurora, you can talk. I'm not going to stop you, I'd prefer if you talk." He extends a hand out for her to shake.

Aurora (quietly): "Your my daddy. Mummy said you never wanted to be a dad, that's why she never talked about you. But this is you in this." She points at the picture before gently shaking his hand.

Tim: "I'm sorry, I didn't know your mummy had you. I have always wanted to be a father and I'll do everything to make sure I make it up to you. I love your voice, it's so sweet and your are absolutely gorgeous."

Aurora: "Thanks daddy." She slowly closes the distance between them.

Aurora: "Can I have a hug?"

Tim: "Of course princess." Tim opens his arms and Aurora crawls into his embrace, sitting on his lap. They hug each other.

Sophie: "Ok, we are heading off. But first, Aurora do you want to stay here with your father?" Aurora nods her head. They say goodbye and leave.

Tim: "Is there anything you want?"

Aurora: "Are you a cop? How didn't you know about me?"

Tim: "I'm a cop, actually a training officer. I didn't know about you one because your mum never told me and two because she was undercover, meaning away from home."

Aurora: "Ok, do you love me?"

Tim: "Of course I love you, you're so adorable. Do you want anything to eat? I have hot chips cooking."

Aurora: "Ok daddy." The chips finish cooking then they sit down and eat them. The two were talking and getting to know each other. Tim didn't have a room set up for a child so ...

Tim: "I'm sorry I don't have a room set up for you, but if you are comfortable you can sleep in my bed." Aurora nods and Tim carries her to the bed. They both are laying side by side on the bed, Aurora rolled over to look at her dad and Tim turned his head to look at her.

Tim: "You can move closer to me if you want to." Aurora moved and was completely next to Tim but she was trying to move onto Tim. Tim helped her climb on top of him, she snuggled up to him.

Aurora: "I love you daddy."

Tim: "I love you too, tomorrow we are going shopping and you can get anything you want. This is your home too, so I want you to feel comfortable."

Aurora: "Yay!" They both say goodnight and fall asleep.