Part 3

Tim walked through the bullpen and got stopped.

Angela: "Tim!" Tim turned around to see Angela and Nyla approaching him.

Tim: "Hey."

Nyla: "Don't hey us. Who's this?"

Tim: "This is Aurora, my three year old daughter." Aurora moved her head to look at the girls.

Angela: "And you kept her a secret from us."

Tim: "I didn't know about her until two nights ago. Isabel had her during the time that she left me. Long story short is that Isabel abandoned her."

Nyla: "I'm so sorry."

Angela: "We are here to help. Hey Aurora, I'm Angela and this is Nyla. It's a pleasure to meet you." Aurora softly smiled but turned her head and buried it into Tim.

Nyla: "She okay?"

Tim: "She's shy and it takes her a bit to warm up to people. It took a few hours for her to be completely comfortable with me. I better get changed."

Tim comforted his daughter while walking to the locker rooms. In the lockers, Tim changed and Aurora looked up at her father wearing his uniform in awe and Tim noticed.

Aurora: "Daddy looks good."

Tim: "What? Do you like my uniform?"

Aurora: "Yeah. You look scary." Tim approached her.

Tim: "I'm sorry sweetie, I don't mean to scare you, you know I'm not going to hurt you."

Aurora: "Ok daddy, I know you wont." The rest of the day, Tim and Aurora were hanging out. Tim was showing Aurora a few things as he could she how she was interested. 

The rest of the week went smoothly, Tim could see how Aurora was coming out of her shell. She started saying a few words to others but she didn't talk a lot. Tim got her enrolled into a daycare, they went there one day so she could get use to it. Although Aurora didn't like leaving her father, she agreed to go as long as she got to see him at pick up.

It was rookie day, Grey assigned the rookies to their T.O's. Angela got the IA commander son, Nyla got the forty year old rookie and Tim got the hotshot that other stations wanted. When they were dismissed, Tim didn't need to tell his rookie Lucy Chen to get the war bags as she already asked where they were located.

On the streets, Lucy proved herself and it opened Tim's eyes to see why other stations were after her. He tried to break her by using his famous Tim tests but she passed every single one of them.

Lucy Chen was the youngest rookie in the group, she never let her age stop her from trying her hardest. But she had a past, a past that only the captain and watch commander knew about. She left an abusive environment at the age of 16, then she had a few bad relationships that put her down. So she was determined and driven to do the best she could. She wasn't the top of the class but she didn't believe when she found out that many stations were after her.

A couple of weeks have gone by, Lucy has really shown that she can handle herself. The previous week the rookies rode with the other T.O's to get a different perspective. At lunch, Tim, Angela and Nyla were sitting at one table while the rookies were at another table.

Angela: "Tim you're lucky. You have one amazing rookie."

Nyla: "I agree, I see why other stations wanted her."

Tim: "She has passed all the Tim tests that I have given her, she is the first person that has ever stood up to me and talked back."

Nyla: "Bradford has meet his match." They all laugh.

Angela: "The other rookies are okay but Chen is definitely the best of the best."

The next day, Aurora came to the station and stayed in Grey's office for the day. Lucy had met her during the day but Tim told her not to get use to talking to her as he doesn't want his personal and work life collide.

Tim and Lucy were in the station when Lucy received a text, she rushed out of the bullpen and to the bathroom, she locked the bathroom stall. Tim was looking for her, but couldn't find or contact her, he ended up letting Grey know.

Lucy was in panic mode and was crying as she read the text.

Text message

Hello Lexi, you think that by moving to a completely different state and changed yourself would make it impossible for us to find you.

We want you back home so we can continue our lives like before you left. You know you love us and you deserved that stuff for not being a good girl.

Lucy wasn't able to keep it in and started having a panic attack. Angela and Nyla heard someone crying but didn't know who.

Nyla: "Hey, are you okay in there?"

There was no response.

Angela: "We want to help you."

They still had no response.

They left the bathroom and went to Grey's office.

Angela: "Sir, there's an officer in the bathroom crying and when we tried to help we received no response."

Grey: "Oh no. Shit!"

Tim: "What's wrong sir?"

Grey: "Lucy isn't to be found and there's an officer in the toilet, which I believe it to be Lucy."

Nyla: "Why?"

Grey: "It's not my story to tell, but we can't overwhelm her."

Angela: "But she is an amazing officer, why can't we ask her?"

Grey: "Please don't ask her, let her tell you when she's ready."

Aurora remember meeting Lucy and she could see something different in her eyes, but it looked like an emotion she has felt before.

Tim: "How do we get her out?" No one had an idea. Aurora had an idea and tugged at Tim.

Tim: "Baby, what's wrong?"

Aurora: "Could I go in the bathroom and try talking to her?"

Tim: "You have an idea don't you?" Aurora nods.

Tim: "Ok Ro, but don't push yourself." Tim was a bit shocked that Aurora was volunteering to talk to a stranger, as she was still shy talking to the others in the office. They walked over to the bathroom and let Aurora know that they would be close if she needed them, then Aurora walked in.

She followed the crying to the locked stall and gently knocked on the door. She took a deep breathe.