Part 7

Today Aurora is coming to the station. Tim tries to give her a day per fortnight away from the centre to hang out with him and now with Lucy. Aurora is very excited, she runs into their bedroom and jumps onto the bed.

Aurora (softly): "Morning daddy, morning mummy. It's time to wake up, we got to go to work today." Tim was already half awake when she came in but Lucy was still asleep.

Tim: "Morning darling, you know that Luce doesn't like mornings. It'll take a bit to get her out of the bed, but there is one thing we can do for her."

Aurora: "Mummy coffee?"

Tim: "Yes darling, let's go get her coffee." They walk down stairs where they start making a coffee for Lucy. Once complete, Tim told Aurora to carefully carry the cup up the stairs, he was behind her so nothing happened. But he stayed in the doorway while Aurora continued walking over to the nightstand and gently placed the cup down. She got in the bed and gently shook Lucy.

Aurora: "Mummy, time to wake up. I've got you your coffee." Lucy stirs, and pulls Aurora in for cuddles.

Lucy (sleepily): "Morning Aurora, thank you for my coffee but you don't have to get me coffee all the time."

Aurora: "But mummy I want to, I love you." Aurora kissed her cheek.

Lucy: "Oh sweetie, I love you too and I also love you father. You two have become the most important people in my life." Lucy kissed her forehead. Tim has noticed how much his daughter has attached to his girlfriend, he loves his little family. The only thing he wants to do is see if Lucy and Aurora are both happy for Lucy to legally adopt her.

At the station, they were hanging out and Lucy was taking good care of Aurora. Then she had to leave the station for a call. About 20 minutes later.

Aaron (Over radio): "7-Adam-20, I need an RA to my location. Officer Chen has been injured, alert Officer Bradford to meet at the hospital." 

Aurora looked at Tim with fear in her eyes, she was on the verge of crying. Tim picked her up and rushed over to the hospital. When they arrive and got inside, Aurora ran to the desk.

Aurora (crying): "Hello Miss, do you know where my mummy is and how she is?"

Lady: "Who may your mum be?"

Tim: "Officer Lucy Chen."

Lady: "Her room number is 38. You can go and see her." Tim picked Aurora up again and sped walked to Lucy's room. At the door he put her down allowing her to walk in first. What Tim didn't  know is that the others were coming to visit as well.

Aurora was still crying and walked in. She saw Lucy and Lucy looked at her, so Aurora ran over to her bed.

Aurora: "Mummy!" She got to the bed and got Lucy to help her on the bed. Aurora hugged Lucy tightly.

Aurora: "Mummy, okay?"

Lucy: "Yeah sweetie, I'm okay just a graze from the bullet." The others heard and were shocked.

Aurora: "Me take care of you." She said proudly.

Lucy: "Of course Aura, you can take care of me." Aurora liked the nickname that Lucy gave her, they cuddled together with Aurora rest against Lucy's side.

Outside the room was a different scene, the others walked up to Tim.

Nyla: "Mummy?" Tim jumped a little.

Tim: "Oh hey."

Grey: "Don't oh hey us."

Angela: "Why is your daughter calling Lucy mum?" Tim sighs.

Tim: "So um ... Lucy and I are together, and have been about 7 months. Aurora loves Lucy a lot and a few days ago she started calling Lucy mum. Those two are inseparable, Aurora loves her a lot and rarely leaves her side."

Angela: "Congrats Tim, Aurora has differently come out of her shell but she only acts like that with Lucy."

Grey: "Omg, they bonded over that day that Lucy had that panic attack."

Tim: "Your right. We can go in there." The others walk into the room.

Tim: "Baby they know about us."

Lucy: "Ok babe."

Nyla: "How are you?"

Lucy: "Good, I just got grazed by the bullet."

Aurora: "Me take care of mummy."

Angela: "I have no doubt about that. Hey Aurora, are we invited for your birthday?" She just nods.

They all talk for a bit, and all ended up going home.