Ch 7. dazzling haze

After saying goodbye to my friend Pete, he entered his car and drove away. Then I got into my car, but as I went to start it, I noticed a boy trembling in fear, trying to tidy up the shop so he could close it. His expression and movements seemed odd; he appeared to be afraid of something, his body looked uncomfortable, and he kept glancing nervously at the sky. I concluded that he might have a fear of darkness. So, I decided to wait for him to close up. Although I wanted to help him, there was a feeling in my heart that drew me to him. As he was closing the shop, the rain started pouring down heavily, and I saw the fear in his eyes increase. He didn't even acknowledge the lone car left in the parking lot. He worked as fast as his legs could carry him, so I started my car and followed him. When I pulled up beside him, I rolled down the car window and asked, "Can I give you a lift?"

...

I was just staring at the man in the car, my mind frozen. I didn't know what to say, but he was the guy who saved my life. Could I trust him? While a lot of questions were swirling in my head, I heard him say, "The rain is too heavy and it's dangerous. Just get in the car, and I'll take you home." I had no choice. If he does anything bad to me, at least I would know who it was this time. So, I opened the front passenger door and got in. He immediately started driving.

It was too silent until he said, "Can you give me the address, please?" I snapped out of my thoughts and cursed myself, thinking he might guess where I live. So, I told him the address. As he kept driving, he said again, "My name is Sahil. What's yours?" I looked at him shyly and said, "Nat. It's Nathaniel, but everyone calls me Nat." "Nice to meet you, Nathaniel," he said.

My whole body felt goosebumps as he called my name because since my father's death, no one had ever called me by my full name.

"I think we're here," he said, and my thoughts immediately disappeared as I looked outside to confirm. "Oh yes, it's here. Thank you so much, Mr. Sahil," I said as I opened the door and got out. I saw him looking at me as I entered my house, and for the first time in my life, I felt cared for and protected. I went into my room, took off my wet clothes, put on my pajamas, and immediately fell asleep, thinking of that handsome face.

...

As I was driving back home, I couldn't stop smiling, thinking of the cute human. I promised myself to get to know him no matter what.

---

I woke up very early, feeling like a baby without any nightmares or dreams. I felt so happy. I went downstairs, and I saw my mom preparing breakfast quickly. "Good morning, Mom," I said. "Good morning, my baby," she answered. "What time did you get home last night?" my mom asked. "Around midnight. I got home safely, as you can see, Mom," I smiled at her. "I'm glad. Now, go take a shower. Breakfast is almost ready," she said.

...

"Sahil, why are you in a hurry?" my old nanny, who is practically like my mother, said to me. I chuckled, kissed her forehead, and said, "I'm a bit late, sweetheart," and immediately left the house.

---

After finishing my breakfast, I said goodbye to Mom and my sister and went outside. As I took a few steps, I heard someone from behind calling my full name, "Nathaniel!" I turned around and saw him standing in front of his car.

"What is he doing here?" I asked myself.

Hello, dear readers thanks for the comments and votes 🙏 I am grateful.
I will try my best to write more.