Ch. 14 opening up

"Nathaniel, why are you looking at your phone all the time?" my mother asked me during dinner.

"I'm just waiting for a ping for some work updates," I lied. "Finish up your dinner and go have some rest, my son. You work so much," my mother said, and I nodded in agreement.

I lay in bed, staring at my phone like a madman, hoping for a call or at least a message from Sahil. Despite ignoring him myself, I couldn't shake the craving for his voice or his goodnight messages. They always brought me peace of mind, especially since I came out of the hospital. I blamed myself for ignoring him, but it felt like I had no choice. Tears welled up in my eyes as my heart ached, but I was interrupted by the ringing of my phone. It was him. I picked up without thinking twice. "Hello."

"I'M OUTSIDE. PLEASE COME. WE NEED TO TALK."

I looked outside the window and saw him standing by his car, looking as handsome as ever. I smiled and ran outside to him, hugging him tightly. He hugged me back, and for the first time in ages, I felt a sense of peace.

(Sahil's POV)

After talking to Dr. James, I went upstairs to my room but couldn't sleep. I yearned to see Nathaniel's beautiful face, hoping it would bring me some peace. So, I decided to go to his house. I didn't care if he chases me away; I had to see him. I drove to his house as fast as I could and stood outside, hesitating about the outcome. I called him, and when he picked up immediately, it surprised me. I told him I was outside, and I saw his beautiful face checking me through the window. He opened the door and ran to hug me tightly. It felt so good. "Please don't run away from me again, okay, Nathaniel?" I pleaded. He nodded in agreement, continuing to hug me.

"Hey, Nathaniel, look at me," I said, stopping the hug and meeting his shy gaze. "Can I take you somewhere?"

"Where?" Nat asked, surprised.

"It's a surprise, and I promise you'll like it," I assured him.

I opened the door for him and drove the car. It was a bit of a long drive, but we reached my family cabin. "It's so beautiful," Nathaniel said.

"Not yet," I replied, taking his hand and leading him upstairs to the balcony. I could see his eyes mesmerized by the view. "Let's lie down, Nathaniel."

We lay down, gazing at the stars. "It's so beautiful. Thank you, Sahil," Nathaniel said.

"You're welcome," I replied. We stayed there for a while, and I noticed him shivering from the cold. "Let's go inside," I suggested. We went into a room, still holding hands. I didn't want to let him go. "You'll be sleeping here; I'll take the couch," I told him. He nodded shyly. "Let go of my hand now," he said softly. I turned his face towards me and leaned in closer. I looked down at his tempting lips. "Can I kiss you, Nathaniel?"