Ch.16 My love

As I opened my eyes and saw Sahil sleeping soundly next to me, I turned to his side, gazing at his calm and handsome face. I realized how lucky I was to be loved by such a gentle guy. Remembering how he calmly handled the situation last night, I knew there were many questions in his mind, but he didn't ask any. He automatically understood that I wasn't ready to answer, and he respected that, helping me to sleep.

I promised myself that I would try my best to forget the past and focus on the future. But to truly let go of the past, I needed to tell Sahil everything that happened. If he decided to be with me, he would have to accept all my wounds. It would take time for me to do this, but I knew I had to.

Suddenly, Sahil spoke, "Hey, don't be shy. It feels good." He hugged me from behind and kissed my neck. At first, I enjoyed what he was doing, but then I felt a wave of weirdness and fear wash over me. It was as if my body was reliving something bad, and it started to react. Sahil realized this and let me go immediately.

"Go take a shower; let me prepare breakfast for you, my dear," he said as he got up and headed to the kitchen. I stayed there in bed, feeling embarrassed. Eventually, I went and took a shower, finding some clothes laid out on the bed. They were a little big for me, but not too bad. I got dressed and went out.

"Hey, Nathaniel, are you feeling okay now? Breakfast is ready; come and eat," Sahil said. I couldn't look him in the eyes as I sat down and started to eat my breakfast. Sahil went to take a shower afterward, and when he was done preparing himself, he said, "Let me take you to work first." He started the car engine, and we drove off.

Sahil pov

The drive to Nathaniel's workplace was unsettlingly quiet. I had so many questions, and finding the right way to encourage him to open up was crucial. With my education in psychology and my reputation as a successful psychologist, it felt ironic how challenging it was to help the person I love the most.

We reached Nathaniel’s workplace and sat in silence for a moment after parking. He turned to look at me, his expression clouded with worry. “Are you okay, my love?” I asked gently.

“Are you mad at me, Sahil? Did I just ruin our first date? I’m sorry, Sahil. Please don’t be angry,” he stammered, his eyes glistening with unshed tears.

I was taken aback by his ethereal beauty, even in such a distressed state. “No, love, I’m not mad at you. Okay?” I reassured him, my voice was soft. “Now, go to work. I’ll come and pick you up in the evening, okay, babe?” I kissed him on the forehead to comfort him.

He nodded in agreement and stepped out of the car. After taking a few steps, he turned back to look at me. I met his gaze, offering him a reassuring look to convey that I was indeed not mad, hoping to ease his worries as he headed into his day.