19. Guilt.

Off didn't know where to start from. This is a least expected meeting scenerio with New he has ever imagined. "It's been years, New. How are you doing?"

After a silence of some good seconds New finally decided on speaking.

"Good. How about you and others?"

"I am fine, happy the most I have ever been. I have a family, New. A family that I love and that loves me. I have a husband who always chooses me and two most treasured gifts from God, my two boys. Can you believe it? I am a father. I mean being a father—that was something I never thought I would be willingly but look here. That guy sitting next to—I presume your boyfriend or husband—he changed me New. And I love him very much." New didn't realise he had a small smile on his face hearing his friend. He didn't realise when but he got relaxed around Off. "That short cute guy sitting next to your man is Gun. And it took me years of hard work to finally say 'He is my husband.' And about the others. We aren't in much contact."

New saw the sad look when Off talked about their other friends. He felt the need of changing the topic. "That's Tay." New finally looked up at Off, proudly introducing his husband. "My husband. He used to work for me at the Teechapaikhun's."

"Now, I got it. So you just eloped with him leaving the whole empire on your sister's shoulder. Quite vicious, New." And New chuckled for the first time since he saw Off but suppressed it soon after realising.

"I mean - look at him can't blame me." New turned back to look at Tay's table. Tay seemed to have gotten a good company for this night. A smile formed on his face. Finally he got the courage. He shouldn't run away from Off anymore. He turned his face to Off and inhaling a deep breath he finally started. "I am sorry, Off. For whatever I did in the past. To you, to Daisy, to your Mom, to your company. I know I was wrong and I don't know what got into me that time. My rebellious phase didn't go away that time, I guess. I was just a teenager in some kind of phase because he got rejected maybe. I just.." New sighed. He didn't had the strength he needed to continue this conversation. His strength was away from him, two tables away.

Off held New's hands and rubbed it to ease the tension Off felt in New. "New, I won't lie. I was mad at you that time. So mad like I literally wanted to beat you, little shit. But our group broke that time everyone went away. And after years you disappeared leaving your business behind. Just when I felt I was ready to talk it out with you, you ran away, New, and it felt awful to me as a friend. Someone I cherished since my childhood betrayed me and then vanished away from my sight. It was like you never existed in my life. I regretted avoiding you, New. I don't want to lose you again, New. Please don't run away from me again. I forgive you. Just stay."

"How can I stay beside you with this guilt, Off. I broke you and Daisy. I ruined your career. I know how much you needed me at the shareholder's yet refused my vote to you. I was blinded with hatred that led to my own downfall, Off. I broke something that was once so precious to me."

"And I swear I hated you for all that, New. But that was for only a while. Now that I think about it that was just some part of my life not my whole life, New. And I guess it's good all that happened except for you disappearing. Daisy and I never matched the vibes. It's good we aren't together anymore. I have him now. That guy-" Off eyed to his husband's direction. "I am the most happy I have ever been. And for the company. Don't feel sorry. I never wanted to be a part of it and Mom would have never listened to me. It's good what you did. Now I am what I want. I follow my passion. I am a painter and if you still follow my updates you must know I have started my own business for all aspiring artists. I have bought places and I am still a part of that company my Mom once loved so much. I am doing great more then I could have if I was still stuck there and I am thankful to you for that. So,-" Off got up from his seat and stood up in front of New and opened his arms. "I forgive you and welcome you, my friend. Welcome back in my life."