❝ ORBS AND TRUTH ❞

|| CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE ||

❝ ORBS AND TRUTH ❞

AS JUNE APPROACHED,

AS JUNE APPROACHED,

the days became cloudless and sultry, and all anybody felt like doing was strolling onto the grounds and flopping down on the grass with several pints of iced pumpkin juice, perhaps playing a casual game of Gobstones or watching the giant squid propel itself dreamily across the surface of the lake.

But they couldn’t. Exams were nearly upon them, and instead of lazing around outside, the students were forced to remain inside the castle, trying to bully their brains into concentrating while enticing wafts of summer air drifted in through the windows.

Even Fred and George had been spotted working; they were about to take their O.W.L.s (Ordinary Wizarding Levels). Percy was getting ready to take his N.E.W.T.s (Nastily Exhausting
Wizarding Tests), the highest qualification Hogwarts offered.

As Percy hoped to enter the Ministry of Magic, he needed top grades. He was becoming increasingly edgy, and gave very severe punishments to anybody who disturbed the quiet of the common room in the evenings. In fact, the only person who seemed more anxious than Percy was Hermione.

Cedric was now almost on the edge of having mental breakdowns everytime Lilith visit him and Evelyn was there to console him.

River O'Conner, Evelyn's ex tutor—who had given up teaching her saying she knows more then he know himself— was always alongside Cedric, seeing that both of the boy's were bestfriends. The both boys were always on the edge and they were continuously studying.

"Come on, Ced!" Evelyn yelled inside the common room, "Let's go outside!"

Cedric looked up at her with wide eyes as he turned towards River who was watching the interaction with amused look,

"Hide me!" Cedric hissed to his bestfriend who just laughed at his misery.

After the whole hide and seek thing, Evelyn finally managed to drag Cedric outside and made him sit near the lake for an hour saying that 'It will calm his mind down' .

"As if you knew what a calm mind is." Terry snickred at her which earned him a slap on his head by Lilith.

"Don't take like that!" Lilith snapped, "She is the sanest of my family."

This didn't eased Terry's nerve. It was common for Lilith and Evelyn to just drop booms of their life like that and leave the matter so nonchalant like they didn't just mentioned that they are a bunch of insane people walking.

Harry and Ron snickred at Terry's face which earned them a smack as well from Hermione who was trying to read her eassy at the last minute.

Lilith sneaked a look at Hermione's schedule and she raised a brow, her theory about Hermione playing with time seemingly to be true.