The Talk About Family And Abandonment

Back on the surface... again.

We return to Chaze's parents, who are living their lives without a care in the world.

Chaze's father: Man, life has been great ever since our son moved out.

Chaze's mother: And I didn't even have to bother with donating anything from his room!

Cut to a bedroom in the attic where nearly everything is covered head to toe in cobwebs.

Chaze's father: Could this day get any better?

There's a knock on the door, The father swings the door wide open to see a particular individual.

King: Good evening.

Chaze's father: Do you work with the IRS?

King: Um... No?

Chaze's father: Good. I'm not dealing with them again.

Thomas walks into the living room.

Chaze's father: What brings you this side of the neighborhood?

King: Well... I was wondering, what is it like having a family?

The dad looked at Thomas for a bit.

Chaze's father: You are asking the wrong person for this.

Thomas looked concerned.

Chaze's father: I may have a loving wife and we are in a stable relationship, but (laughs under his breath) we don't care about kids in all honesty. And the one we did have... let's just say, he's much better off without us.

King: You...let your kid run away?

Chaze's father: That? Oh heavens no. He was right around his teenage years when he left, and the both of us knew that once your kid enters middle school, that's when you let them go outside the house and let them bask in the real world.

Thomas sternly looked at the dad.

King: If that is your philosophy then why did you even have a child in the first place?

Chaze's father: Oh, yeah, that. My wife and I adopted him. We didn't want to go through the process of... well you know.

Thomas had heard enough. He got up and began to leave the house.

Chaze's father: Wait, don't you want to hear the rest about being a family?

King: No.

Chaze's father: Are you sure? There is a lot to talk about-

King: Enough!

As King said that, he slammed his cane down so hard it made a dent on the wooden floor.

King: You would rather let your child run away and get lost somewhere in the woods than go out of your way to find them and give them some love and respect!?!

Chaze's father: Well... uh-

King: What about your wife? How would she feel?

Chaze's father: She'd normally side with me! Is not like you have someone you loved go missing!

King grabbed his cane and slammed the door.

King: (sigh) Humans...

Thomas began to walk back to the hideout.

You know the pattern...

The King retreats into his living area located near his throne. The interior is more neatly decorated compared to the rest of the caves looking more like a four star hotel bedroom. Inside there was a queen size bed, a night stand with a picture of his wife, and a PDA resting on the top of it. He lays down with his cane resting on the end of the bed.

Background Zombie #1: Hey, Mr. King sir?

King: What...

Background Zombie #1: Shouldn't we do that thing we normally do with the lighting bolt ones?

King: Tie them to the electric fence and see if they live?

Background Zombie #1: We stopped doing that in 1994, after some health complaints and the toxic scent that came after it.

King: And what's less dangerous than that?

Background Zombie #1: We tie them to a lightning rod and see if they survive.

The King stares back at the corpse looking like an office worker after a long day.

King: Fine. When can we expect a thunderstorm?

Background Zombie #1: Saturday, sir.

King: Great...