𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 - 1

Lisa - I woke up when my alarm clock rang; with closed eyes, I turned off the alarm and went back to sleep. I woke up again when sunlight hit my face. When I looked at the clock, I was shocked; I was already 30 minutes late.

I quickly got out of bed, went to the bathroom, completed my morning routine, took a shower, got dressed, grabbed my bag, and rushed out of my apartment. I quickly got into my car and started driving; today, I couldn't afford to be late as two doctors from the UK are coming to the hospital, and I was running behind schedule. I wondered what they would think of me.

My thoughts were interrupted when my phone rang. I answered it on speaker while driving, and it was my best friend Jisoo Unnie.

Jisoo - "Monkey, where are you? You haven't reached the hospital yet, and the new doctors are about to arrive."

Lisa - "Unnie, don't be mad. I'm on my way right now."

Jisoo - "Lazisa, come quickly before the department head scolds you."

Lisa - "Unnie, I'm almost there; I'm currently driving. Let's talk when I reach the hospital."

Jisoo - "Okay, hurry up before the new doctors arrive."

Lisa - "Alright, Unnie, bye."

Jisoo ended the call. After a fast drive, I reached the hospital. I quickly parked my car in the usual spot and rushed inside. Checking my wristwatch, I realized I was an hour late. As I headed towards my office, Seulgi greeted me.

Seulgi - I saw Lisa, who was in a hurry as usual. Why not? She's late again today. As something seemed off, I greeted her, "Good morning, Dr. Lalisa."

Lisa - With a nervous smile, I replied, "Good morning too, Dr. Seulgi."

Seulgi - "Well, you're late again today," I said, raising an eyebrow.

Lisa - I raised an eyebrow and said, "Dr. Seulgi, you won't forget to remind me that I've kept you waiting again."

Seulgi - Chuckling, she replied, "No, there's nothing like that."

Lisa - "Okay, now excuse me. I'm already late, and I need to do rounds with my patients. Have the new doctors arrived yet?"

Seulgi - "Not yet, but they might be coming soon."

Lisa - "Okay, bye. We'll catch up later." I quickly entered my office, hung my bag on the side of the chair, put on my doctor's coat, and hurriedly went to check on my patients.

meanwhile...

As I was reviewing my patients, I overheard a nurse saying that the UK doctors had arrived and gone to the director's office.

Now that I've completed my rounds, I was heading towards my office when I saw Rose and Jisoo coming together. As they approached, I greeted them with a smile, "Good morning, Dr. Rose and Dr. Jisoo."

Rose - Smiling, she replied, "Good morning too, Dr. Lalisa."

Lisa - Pouting, I asked, "Ugh, have you all forgotten to call me Lisa?"

Jisoo - Teasingly, I said, "You look like a monkey when you pout. So stop pouting, and if you've checked your patients, the director is going to have a meeting with all doctors in 15 minutes. So, hurry up and come to the meeting room."

Lisa - Nodding, I replied, "Okay, but I heard that the UK doctors have arrived. Have they really arrived?"

Rose - "Yes, they have. Now, if you've finished your review, let's go to the meeting."