Chapter 10

"Bhaia,Shushhhh!"-Ishan hurriedly attempted to cover Rohit's mouth, but he stopped short,didn't dare to do that.

"Abbe sale..I saw you flirting with Sara!Do you two love each other?That's why you dropped the catch in IPL?"-Rohit asked.

Ishan's eyes widened in alarm at Rohit's blunt accusation. "No, bhaia, it's not like that at all!The catch... it was just bad luck, I swear!And no,we both are straight."

Ishan felt frustrated. Who would have thought he'd be in a position where he had to repeatedly assert his heterosexuality? "I am straight... I am straight...." he muttered under his breath.

"I am too"-Shubman added in a low voice.

"Then how did you two end up getting married?" Rohit questioned, his tone laced with disbelief.

"Bhaia... We were drunk, we kissed as a dare, then Shubman told me to choose one finger between two. I chose the one that said 'marry' unknowingly. So, we had to," Ishan explained,his answer sounded lame to his ears.

How could Ishan explain their drunken accidental marriage without sounding completely ridiculous?!

Rohit's face went from shock to disbelief faster than an internet browser loading a webpage.

"Bhaia what do we do now!?"-Shubman asked.

Rohit felt pity on the kids.So This time Rohit couldn't say -" Go and have sex!"Instead he said-"Let me think!"

Ishan and Shubman exchanged hopeful glances, waiting for their captain to come up with a brilliant solution.But the captain might me in a very deep thinking because they could hear him snoring minutes later.

Rohit woke up just before landing, leaving Ishan and Shubman without any suggestions on the plane. After the airport procedures were completed, they were bombarded by paparazzi, forcing them to hastily board the bus.

Ishan and Shubman went to their home.They had a 3 days break before the test matches start.

The next day, when the test squad was announced, Ishan's name was missing. Only Shubman made it to the squad for his first test match. Despite his excitement for his own debut, Shubman couldn't shake off a twinge of disappointment at Ishan's absence. He couldn't quite pinpoint why he felt this way, but he tried to push the feeling aside and focus on the upcoming match.

Shubman's nerves were on edge, especially whenever someone shared a link or reel online. He feared that someone might have filmed their drunken marriage and that it would blow up on the internet. One day, his anxiety got the best of him, and he snapped at his sister out of nervousness.

"Why do you keep sending news links? Don't you have anything else to do?" he barked.

"What!A senior player praised you.I thought you would want to read this."-His sister replied innocently.

"Just read it out loud. Don't send me any more links," Shubman retorted, feeling guilty for his outburst.

"You've become so grumpy nowadays," his sister remarked before storming out of the room, leaving Shubman with a hard pinch on his hand as a parting gift.

On the other hand, Ishan was frantically searching for ways to get divorced, but it seemed impossible. In India, divorce wasn't as simple as it sounded. The paparazzi were always lurking around, ready to pounce on any juicy news. If news of their accidental marriage got out, it would be the end of their careers.

Everything seemed so hassling that for a crazy time Ishan thought of not doing anything and stay married with Shubman.

Ishan saw the squad announcement, and to his delight, Shubman had made it to the team. Despite not having talked since the day of their unexpected marriage, Ishan sent a customary text.