Chapter 18

"The story gets pretty angsty from here.The only consolation from author is,Its a Happy Ending story."🎆🎆🎆

Thanks for reading ❤️

।।।।।।।।।

After dinner, Mr. Patil retired to his
room, leaving Shubman to ponder his offer.What to think about it,Shubman worship cricket from his childhood and It's just the beginning of his career.But then again,Ishan is non negotiable.

Anita and Shubman was walking at Anita's house garden after the dinner.

"Anita,you don't even know me.We met only once that too on a party.Marrying someone from such little knowing could be dangerous."

"I will do everything for you and I will bear everything with you,Shubman. I don't have any problem."-Anita remain resolute.

Shubman wanted to talk about Ishan, but he couldn't without talking to Ishan first. So, he tried to convince Anita.

"Anita, you come from a rich family, and mine struggled. Our families are very different," Shubman explained.

"But you earns in million now.So it Won't be a problem.Listen,at first you will only post cryptic story with hinting you are with someone, then we will let people guess,I will come in some of your match,so people can guess it.Should we hire a PR team?"-Anita said.

"Anita, let's not plan too much. And... I don't have feelings for you," Shubman said carefully. He didn't want to upset her father, who is important in cricket.

"Yet."-Anita replied.

" what did you say?"Shubman asked.

"I said you don't feel for me yet. And I can change that," Anita asserted.

Then it all started happening so fast.
One moment they were talking, and the next, Anita kissed Shubman on the lips. Shubman gently pushed Anita away, feeling overwhelmed by the suddenness of the moment.

"Anita I AM MARRIED! "-Shubman didn’t realise, it automatic came from his mouth.

" What?!"Anita asked.

"Oh shit,What have I said!"-Shubman blurted out, the words slipping out before he could stop them.

"Oh no, what did I just say!" Shubman panicked internally. He was unsure how the BCCI would react to having a gay couple on the team.

"Um... It was a drunken, accidental marriage. We didn't even realize it until we sobered up. But getting a divorce would be too much hassle, especially with us being celebrities. So... we've decided to just leave it as it is," Shubman explained, trying to think looking on his feet.

Shubman hoped Anita would back out after his revelation, but instead, he heard her laughing.

"Oh, I've seen plenty of drunken mistakes, and I've made my fair share too. Don't worry, Dad will handle all the divorce hassle. Just say yes," Anita insisted.

"Anita..." Shubman began, but Anita interrupted him with a hand gesture. "Take your time, but the answer must be yes."

Shubman had endured enough.

"Anita, I love Ishan. And I intend to keep it that way," Shubman declared.

"Wait, you're married to a man? And someone from the team?" Anita was surprised.