Chapter 13

"Sara!" Ishan exclaimed, a mixture of shock and delight evident in his voice. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey, Ishan," Sara replied, her smile radiant. "My best friend is getting married here, so I thought I'd come a day early and spend some time with you."

"Um... okay. Come in," Ishan said, gesturing for Sara to enter. "Go unpack in the guest room. I'll join you after freshening up."

Shubman stirred from his sleep at the sound of Ishan and Sara's voice.When he came out of his room he saw Sara.

"Hi, Shubman.All good?"-Sara asked.

" Yes.Everything is going alright.Take rest you must be tired from the journey."-Shubman went back to his room after the casual conversation.

However, the good mood he had gone to sleep with now soured for an unknown reason. "Ishan will be busy with Sara now," he thought, a tinge of disappointment lingering.

While Ishan and Sara took their breakfast in the guest room, Shubman found himself lacking the appetite to eat. Deciding to clear his mind, he opted for a run. As he laced up his sneakers, his thoughts were a whirlwind of emotions. "Why does it bother me so much?" he wondered, the uncertainty tugging at him.

As Sara settled into the guest room, Ishan made an effort to spend maximum time with her. They reminisced about old memories, shared stories, and laughed together.

Shubman, on the other hand, felt a strange sense of loneliness. Seeing Ishan engrossed in spending time with Sara left a void that even going out with Shreyas couldn't entirely fill.

Shubman tried to mask his feelings, joining Shreyas for a casual outing. They went to a local cafe, but Shubman's mind kept drifting back to Ishan. He missed the easy camaraderie they shared, the laughter that echoed through the flat when they were together.

Meanwhile, Ishan, immersed in conversations with Sara, was unintentionally oblivious to the emotional undercurrents of Shubman.

Despite enjoying Sara's company, Ishan couldn't shake the feeling of something missing.

"Shubman and Shreyas have gone out for too long.Shubman even properly talk to me the whole days!"-Ishan thought disappointed.

As the evening wore on, Ishan found himself yearning for Shubman's company more than ever. Despite Sara's presence, there was an emptiness that only Shubman could fill.

When he finally mustered the courage to call Shubman, his heart raced with anticipation. "Hey, Shubman, what are you up to?" he asked, his voice betraying a hint of longing.

Shubman's response was casual, but Ishan detected a subtle shift in his tone. "Just chilling. What's up?" Shubman replied.

"I miss you, man," Ishan admitted, his voice tinged with a touch of vulnerability.

Shubman's reply was laced with a hint of teasing. "Missing me while you're with your potential girlfriend?" he said.

"She's not my girlfriend... not yet, at least," Ishan chuckled. "But seriously, when are you coming back? It's not the same without you."

At night Sara returned to her friends house and Ishan went to drop her.

After dropping Sara off at her friend's house, she insisted, "You have to come tomorrow to the wedding. I am going to introduce you to everyone."

"Do I really have to? I have a match in 3 days," Ishan replied.

"Please, for me? I have a surprise for you," Sara smiled, and Ishan couldn't resist.