Chapter 12

The next morning, Shreyas decided to head over to Virat's place for some home training after indulging in a meal meant for two.

"If I don't look fit, Rohit bhaia will cut my throat. I'm going to Virat bhai for help," Shreyas declared with a grin.

"Yeah, you should. Who told you to eat food meant for two people? Especially before a week of match days," Shubman replied, stretching and yawning as he woke up.

Later in the day, with a hint of playful banter still lingering between them, Shubman and Ishan decided to work out together at home. They cleared some space in the living room, laid out a couple of yoga mats, and put on some upbeat music to get them motivated.

As they started their workout routine, Shubman couldn't help but notice Ishan's dedication and focus. His eyes trailed over Ishan's toned physique, appreciating the way his muscles moved with each stretch and exercise.

Ishan caught Shubman's gaze and smirked teasingly. "Like what you see?"

Shubman chuckled, feeling a flush rise to his cheeks. "Maybe a little."

"Thanks,I worked really hard for this"-Ishan chuckled too.

" Worked hard so that I can like?"-Shubman asked with a wink.

"So that all can like."-Ishan mock glared.

Shubman chuckled as he stretched, enjoying the good time with Ishan. He liked being with Ishan, and he felt like he could spend a long time with him.

Ishan started stretching too, but he lost his balance and almost fell forward. Quickly, Shubman reached out, putting one hand on Ishan's waist and the other on his shoulder to stop him from falling. They looked at each other briefly, and Ishan felt something strange but nice inside him.

Shubman quickly withdrew his hand, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

"Sorry," Shubman said, his own cheeks tinted pink. "Didn't mean to invade your personal space."

Ishan shook his head, trying to brush off the awkwardness. "No worries. Just... lost my balance for a moment there."

Their workout continued without further incident, but Ishan couldn't shake the feeling of Shubman's touch lingering on his skin. There was something undeniably electric about the moment, something that made his heart race and his palms grow clammy.

"So, what's for breakfast?" Shubman asked, breaking the silence.

Ishan shrugged, a playful glint in his eyes. "Depends. Are you going to help me cook or just stand there looking pretty?"

Shubman feigned offense, placing a hand over his heart. "Hey, I'll have you know I'm an excellent sous chef."

With a laugh, Ishan stood up and made his way to the kitchen, Shubman following closely behind. As Ishan began to chop vegetables for a salad, Shubman perched himself on the kitchen counter, watching with interest.

"Just so you know, I've never chopped anything before. I used to eat chips and call it dinner, fearing cooking. But I'm doing this for your sake. Because you, the spoiled one, won't even touch the food if it doesn't taste good. So, you better thank me," Ishan said with a playful smirk.

Shubman chuckled, watching Ishan chop the vegetables with a newfound determination. "Well, I appreciate the effort, even if it's just to save my taste buds. But hey, we make a good team, don't we?" he replied, giving Ishan a subtle nudge with his elbow as he stood beside him.