Chapter 16

Mr Patel was talking to some board member when her daughter came and decided to drop the bomb.She didn’t even have the decency to take him to side to say these personal matter.What will they think of him now!

"Just give a second"-Mr Patel excused Himself.

"What's the matter, Anita?" Mr. Patel inquired.

"Didn’t you hear? I want to marry now, Dad! But only Shubman Gill," Anita replied, clearly irritated.

"Do you even know each other?" Mr. Patel questioned.

"No, you just introduced us," Anita admitted.

"Then what prompts this desire to marry him?" Mr. Patel probed further.

"I don't know, Dad. It's like when you spot a dress in a shop and suddenly want it," Anita explained.

"Anita, it's not quite the same. Let's discuss this at home. Please behave, especially since it's my first day," Mr. Patel pleaded before returning to the board members.

।।।।।।।।।

Shubman couldn't tear his gaze away from Ishan, his diva husband.

"Stop being so whipped, Shubman," Ishan warned with a smile.

"Then stop being so handsome."

Suddenly, Rohit approached from behind, placing his hand on Ishan and Shubman's shoulders.

"Hey, guys, sometimes acknowledge us too," Rohit teased.

"Oh, bhaiya, hi! I was just about to greet you," Ishan said, grinning.

"Go meet the BCCI head first. Your husband isn't going anywhere," Rohit instructed Ishan.

Ishan went to meet Mr. Patel.

"So, Mr. Gill, have you decided when you two are getting divorced?"-Rohit  asked.

"What? No, bhaiya, I don't think we are. I think—" Shubman started.

"Yes, I know. I knew it from day one. That's why I was sleeping without worrying about finding a solution," Rohit interjected.

"Bhaiya, please. You said you were deep in thought and fell asleep. Don't take credit now," Shubman chuckled.

Rohit, realizing he had forgotten his previous excuse, changed the subject.

"So, what's the plan?"

"Bhaiya, is it too soon if I want to propose to Ishan and come out to the team?" Shubman asked nervously this time.

"You don’t have to worry about the team. Even if there's someone homophobic, they'll accept you both because we're family. And family never abandons each other."

"Thanks, bhaiya. But did you notice?You said a whole sentence without a single 'ye wo.' What progress!" Shubman exclaimed cheerfully.

"From the next match, you and Ishan will be allotted separate rooms," Rohit declared with a mock glare.

।।।।।।।।