Chapter 20

All the current members of the Indian Cricket Team gathered together at Virat's house. Despite the maid having served beverages hours ago, nobody had the appetite to eat.

Rohit Sharma initiated the conversation. "So, you all know Ishan was inexplicably dropped from the squad for the last test series. Yesterday, the coach notified me that Ishan won't be part of the ODI series either. I sensed something fishy and confronted the coach. Turns out, there is indeed something fishy going on."

He then motioned for Shubman to speak. "I was invited to Mr. Patil's house weeks ago. Mr. Patil proposed that I marry his daughter Anita. When I refused, he indirectly threatened my career and persisted in pressuring me. Eventually, I confessed to Anita that I am married to Ishan and love him," Shubman explained.

"That's the reason they wanted to destroy Ishan's career, making him vulnerable. And when I refused to captain the team under such unfair circumstances, they threatened me with another captain," Rohit concluded, revealing the depth of the manipulation.

"This is outrageous! What does Mr. Patil think of us? Puppeteers! He sacked my best friend and threatened my juniors. How dare he!" Virat exclaimed, his anger palpable after hearing the revelations.

"Calm down, Cheeku. We need to come up with a plan to help these poor kids," Rohit interjected, attempting to diffuse the tension.

"I don't understand why Anita is so persistent in marrying Shubman that they are stooping to such extent! Shubman, did you ever give her hope or flirt with her?" Sky inquired, seeking clarification.

"Bhaia, we only talked once, at that party," Shubman replied, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Bhaia, I'm scared. More scared for Shubman than for myself," Ishan finally spoke up.

"I won't play without Ishan and Rohit bhai," Hardik declared firmly.

"Neither will I," Bumrah added, his resolve evident.

"It's unimaginable for me too," Virat agreed, showing solidarity with his teammates.

"So, this is final. We will inform the coach that nobody is playing. What will Patel do? Bring in 14 players from Ranji? They are also our friends. If we request, they will also refuse," Shiraj suggested.

।।।।।।।।।।

"What do you mean? The series starts in two days, and they're saying they won't play! Is this some kind of joke to them?!" the coach asked, his outrage evident.

A timid staff member timidly spoke up, "I don't know, sir. Virat sir gave me this letter and said to give it to you."

"Why didn’t you tell him to give it to me himself?" the coach demanded, frustration creeping into his voice.

"Virat Sir looked angry, and I didn’t have the courage to tell him anything," the staff member replied meekly.

"Tell the driver to ready the car. I'm going to head's office." the coach said with a heavy sigh.

BCCI head's office :

"So you're telling me that Virat Kohli sent a written application stating that the entire squad won't play unless Ishan plays and Rohit is reinstated as captain?" Mr. Patil asked the coach in disbelief.