4 - That's What Friends Are For

**BEXLEY POV**

Before I went to Chris's house, I wanted out of my clothes I wore to work feeling like they were confining. I ran home quickly changed and then headed to Chris's house. It was going to be like a 20-minute drive, so I wanted to be quick. I put on a pair of leggings and an oversized hoodie, putting my hair in a ponytail and heading out of the door.

I got to Chris's house, put in the gate code and followed the driveway around and parked by his car. I walked to the front door and rang the doorbell. I heard a dog start barking and I got a little exciting knowing I would get to meet Dodger. The door opened and Chris was standing there in sweatpants and t-shirt.

"Hey, come on in." Chris said holding back Dodger by his collar. I walked in and Chris let Dodger go so he could smell me.

"Hey buddy." I said and scratched behind his ears and Dodger started wagging his tail excited for a new person. I looked up at Chris and he just opened his arms. I huffed a laugh but accepted the hug. I felt Chris kissed my cheek and I sighed in relaxation. We broke apart and walked into the living room.

"Have a seat." Chris said and I sat on the couch. Dodger got up with me and placed his head in my lap. He must have tensed my emotional state.

"Would you like something to drink? Water, tea, coffee, beer?" Chris asked.

"You got whiskey?" I asked and Chris smiled and nodded going over to drink cart in his living room. He poured both of us a glass and came walking over to the couch with the glasses and the bottle. He handed me my drink, set the bottle and then sat beside me on the couch and I placed my head on his shoulder.

"What happened Bex? Was he cheating?" Chris asked and I shook my head.

"No, I think that would have been easier to handle." I said and Chris sighed.

"Then what?"

"Well, he was planning on proposing in Chicago. He was going to do it during our photo op with you. He was going to get down on one knee right there and do it." I said and Chris scoffed.

"Wow..."

"Yeah, I had the same thought. Anyways he said he was talking to his parents a few weeks before and his mother told him she didn't like us together anymore. That Damon was going to be taking over his family business soon. Said I wasn't a serious choice for him, said with me running my own shop I wasn't going to have time to be attentive to him and take care of him or fulfill his needs. I told him he was an adult, but he used me working late nights to defend his reasoning. The reason he broke up with me when he did is because he was confused and figured it was easier to do than to just talk to me. I mean I don't know why I'm upset, at least I found out now and he didn't try to change me after we got married." I explained and Chris listened to the whole thing.

"I say good riddance. Honestly would you want to be linked to those people for the rest of your life?" Chris said as I took a drink from my whiskey and then shook my head.

"No, clearly not." I said with a small smile which quickly faded when I led into the next part. "He told me he still loves me though."

I felt Chris stiffen and could have sworn I heard a low grumble in his chest.

"And how do you feel?" Chris asked.

"I mean I know somewhere I probably still love him. You will always love all the loves of your life for the things each relationship taught you. But as far as if I still love him in the fact of wanting to be with him? That answer is a clear no. I just don't think it was fair for him to tell me that." I said and Chris nodded. I finished my drink. I leaned forward and poured myself a refill. I then leaned back on the couch. I placed my free hand on Dodger's head and just started petting him. Chris watched this interaction and smiled.