5 - Lines Getting Crossed

It was a few nights after spending the whole day with Chris and I was getting dressed to go out for a girl's night with some friends. The girls missed me, and I knew I needed to get out more, Chris even convinced me of it saying I did work too much even though he barely knew me.

We were going to a bar in Boston that was a karaoke bar, their choice not mine. I was driving so I didn't plan on getting that drunk and would eat while I drank. I was wearing a dark grey tank top with black jeans and knee-high grey boots with stud straps around the ankle. I wore my hair in a high ponytail and did a smokey eye make-up look with some black glittery hoops.

I was getting in my car when I got a text from Chris.

Chris: What are you up to tonight? Please tell me not working late. It's a Friday night.

I sighed.

Bex: No, I'm going out with some girlfriends tonight to a bar in Boston.

Chris: Sounds fun, you driving?

Bex: Yeah, I don't plan on drinking too much. I don't need to be hung over tomorrow.

Chris: Smart choice. Can you at least text me when you get home so I know you're safe?

Bex: Sure...

I didn't think too much of it. He was caring.

Chris: And if you do drink call a cab or call me. We will worry about your car tomorrow.

Bex: Thanks Chris, really. I'll be fine.

I put my phone in the little purse I took with me with money, credit cards and my ID. Never hurts to have it all.

I drove into the city and arrived at the karaoke bar. I met my friends in the parking lot.

"There she is! Finally!" Amanda, my one friend yelled, and the girls cheered.

"I couldn't decide what to wear..."

"Well, I just have one thing to say." Britney, another friend said.

"What?" I asked.

"Damn girl! You look hot." Britney said and I laughed.

"Well, it's been a while since I have been out with Damon so I figure may as well have some fun." I said and they girls laughed as we walked up to the bouncer, and he checked all of our ID's then we walked in.

"So how was Comic Con?" Britney asked and I smiled.

I knew I needed to omit a lot of things from that experience.

"It was amazing. I had a great time and then came home." I said and they smiled.

"You get your photo op with Captain America?" Amanda asked and I nodded.

"You know it." I said pulling it up on my phone and showing them.

"The prom pose?!" Amanda squealed.

"Yeah, his idea..." I said with a smile, and I was thankful for the dim lighting so my blush could not be seen.

"So, let's get drinks, listen to some horrible people then we can show them how it's done!" Britney said and we all laughed.

🔺🔻🔺

After a few drinks and getting some nachos for all of us to split, Britney stood up.

"Okay time to sing!" Britney said rushing up to the karaoke booth and I saw her flipping through the book.

"She is picking for one of us, I can tell." I said and Amand nodded.