3: The Votarist, Doll

.

.

Just a bite, he thought.

Or just a tiny little lick. Let me taste this exquisite cuisine that I haven't seen in my life. Sebastian took a step forward. Instead of kneeling in front of his master, his actions of doing it in front of Ravi Sinclaire startled both the votarist and the little earl.

The butler gently grabbed the man's hand in his. The trembling of his fingers was slight but it was there. Sebastian brought the votarist's hand to his lips. "May I have the honor... of knowing your name, sir?"

Ah.

Sebastian salivated as he nibbled at the edge of his soul.

The taste of his soul was absolutely divine.

He must have this.

He must have Ravi Sinclaire for his own.

.

.

.

.

"..."

"..."

"Pfft-"

Never had the little earl seen his butler look so stupefied before. Because Ciel believed that no matter how kind one could be, there would always be a moment when that kind person would display a moment of disgust and terror towards Sebastian's random act of seduction.

Granted, the butler's target would always fall for it but a normal, completely ordinary person would have found it creepy.

And that was exactly Ravi Sinclaire's reaction.

It turned out that Ravi Sinclaire was an expressive person. His expressions were clear and vivid, like still water on a slow afternoon. Those sunset hues displayed a brilliance of emotions that anyone could tell what Ravi Sinclaire was feeling at that moment.

"... sir?"

"... um, I should be heading back, yes. I was just accompanying this child since it's crowded and, and—" the flustered votarist pulled his hand away as if shocked by electricity. Even before running away from 'danger', Ravi Sinclaire bowed in their direction and... fled.

Ciel cast a glance at his butler, who remained in the same position as before. Kneeling on one knee with one hand outstretched as if still holding another. The little earl crossed his legs. "Sebastian, how does it feel to be rejected by a human who you obviously tried to hook?"

"... it seems you're having fun seeing me in such a quandary." The butler raised to his feet, patting the dust away from his trousers. "However, I have discovered something you might find interesting, my lord."

"Oh? Elaborate, then."

"Ravi Sinclaire, also known as Devanshu, cannot be the one behind the serial murder case."

The little earl furrowed his eyebrows. "Why would that be? Based on your initial investigations, only him you had doubts about. It was written in the file that his story was flawless to the point of being tampered with." Ciel paused for a moment, hesitantly asking, "Perhaps... he is just that good of a person?"

"That's correct," came Sebastian's answer of absolute certainty. "For the most part, that human embodies the essence of all that is good. He seemed to never have done a single evil deed his whole life. Even if he did, he must have repented quickly for his soul remains flawless and untouched.