10: The Votarist, Enticing (2)

Original Chapters: 27~29
10: The Votarist, Enticing (2)

.

.

WARNING: Smut maybe—

.

.

"Young master, shall we continue?"

The little earl couldn't help but look triumphant. It was a good thing to have Ravi join them. In cases where Sebastian was unavailable due to sudden circumstances, Ciel still had a competent pawn in the palm of his hands. "We have to be fast. Ravi, search every tent and find anything that might be connected to the children's disappearances!"

The votarist beams, bright like the breaking dawn, and bowed. "As the young master wishes."

.

.

.

.

With Ravi at his side, the little Earl Phantomhive felt at ease, despite knowing that this votarist had several secrets of his own. There was something about this guy that Ciel could not put a finger on. Perhaps he should attribute it to Ravi's saint-like qualities that could fool just about anyone.

"Young master," the call of this angelic butler broke Ciel's musings. "We should hide for a bit, I hear footsteps heading towards this tent. Well, then, excuse me for my rudeness." The little earl was just about to ask what rudeness this fool was speaking of when Ravi snatched him up.

Carried like a damsel in distress.

The urge to reprimand the votarist bubbled at the pit of his stomach, however, Ciel has more important priorities at the moment. And that was not to get caught red-handed!

The world turned blurry for a quick moment, and in the next second, Ciel discovered that Ravi had hidden high up in the cover of the trees. The foliage hid their figures well in this darkness of the night, and only someone with trained eyes could catch a glimpse of their silhouette.

"It seems to be Lady Beast," Ravi commented while peeking through the gaps of the foliage. "She... seemed to have had a wardrobe malfunction. The strings of her top had been cut rather haphazardly by something sharp."

Ciel paused and glanced at the votarist's face. "Your vision's quite... excellent."

"That's only natural as I keep a healthy way of living, young master." Unlike you.

Look at this fool smile innocently. Ciel wanted to rip it off that face and slap it back upside down. Fortunately, the last two words of Ravi's teasing were left unsaid. If not, then the little earl would have thrown a tantrum, risking their hiding spot.

"Anyway, you—" Ciel poked Ravi's chest in an aggressive manner. "—go look for any documents that could give us a clue of the children's whereabouts. Make it quick and don't let anyone catch you. You have five minutes, Ravi."

Any other man would have winced upon being poked by such a bony, sharp finger but the votarist simply showed a smile. "As the young master wishes."

Before Ciel could say another word, a gust of wind blew from his side. By the time the little earl opened his eyes, Ravi was nowhere to be found and—

He should have put me on the ground! And so, the little earl clung onto the tree for dear life. I'll waive his bonus!

...

A series of violent coughs makes Ciel's body quiver in the cold night. He cups his hands together near the mouth, trying to keep them warm through every exhale. I wonder if five minutes was too much for Ravi. Then again, if that fool was not a human, then five minutes is enough to scour through every first-stringers' tent.