4: The Votarist, Saint or-

4: The Votarist, Saint or—

"The sixteenth victim has appeared," Ciel muttered under his breath. "And they arrived at exactly nine. Sebastian."

"Yes, my lord?"

"Prepare the invitations with haste. Send them to the recipients at the break of dawn. In three days, the Exeter Serial Murder Case will reach its conclusion."

The mysteries were unraveled.

The lies that became truths were uncovered.

Soon, the case would reach the ears of all Englishmen.

Leaving only a doll left in a well, who would later learn that the past three years were a dream weaved by the people who 'loved' him.

Sebastian Michaelis couldn't wait for that time. I wonder what kind of expression Sir Devanshu will show me.

.

.

.

.

- the next day, at the plaza -

"..." Finnian looked around, trying to find familiar faces in this crowd of strangers. A sudden rush of people walked around him earlier, bumping him again and again until he lost his sense of direction. By the time he collected himself, Finnian realized that his family was nowhere to be found.

Oh no, Mister Sebastian is going to scold me! Finnian looked frantic and flustered, embracing the hat he usually wore around his neck in search of comfort. The crowd only grew thicker by the second and soon, he was forced to follow the wave of the crowd. I can't find them at this rate!

By the time Finnian found a relatively open space to catch a breath, he didn't even find the area a touch bit familiar at all. The sea of people was thinner than before but there was still heavy foot traffic compared to normal times. The little gardener took a deep, long breath before he clutched his straw hat with determination.

I must find the young master! Or well, I can just go back to the rest house but I wouldn't be able to spend the festival with them! At once, the poor little gardener grew dismayed at his limited options.

Should he find them or should he head back to the rest house?

With how hard he tried to make a choice, metaphorical steam began to escape his ears.

"Excuse me," a soft, friendly voice pulled Finnian out of his dilemma, only to see a very, very pretty person standing in front of him. Ah! This person is the one Mister Sebastian told us to look out for! Mister Sebastian told them that if they ever found Ravi Sinclaire, they must tell him at once.

When Baldo asked what their target looked like, Mister Sebastian only said, "Sir Ravi stands out among all the people you have ever seen in your lives. Once you lay your eyes on him, your first thought shall be how Sir Ravi has the fairest face of them all."

And it turned out that Mister Sebastian's description was spot on!

Of the little people Finnian met in his life, no one could compare to the person in front of him, not even Mister Sebastian!

"I can't help but notice that you seem... a bit lost. I wonder if I could be of help, child." His approach was gentle and filled with sincere concern, leaving Finnian teary eyed. The poor gardener tried to hold back but he couldn't help but throw himself forward, hugging this person's arm.

"WAAAAAH! Mister, I got separated from the young master! I've been trying to look for him and the others but I couldn't find them!" Finnian cried out his worries. "I'm scared that Mister Sebastian will scold me again if I accidentally get in trouble when they're away!"