1: The Votarist, Ravi

[Votary/Votarist]

NOUN

Word forms: plural -ries
also: votarist
1.  Roman Catholic Church, Eastern Churches
a person, such as a monk or nun, who has dedicated himself or herself to religion by taking vows
2. a devoted adherent of a religion, cause, leader, pursuit, etc

ADJECTIVE

3. ardently devoted to the services or worship of God, a deity, or a saint

.

.

.

.

The Votarist known as Ravi Sinclaire starts his day by waking up at four in the morning, before sunlight peaks over the horizon. He works at an orphanage with children of all ages. Thus, after waking up, he calls for the others, making breakfast for everyone.

At the same time, some of them brew tea for the morning, to rejuvenate the Votarist and other staff. Everyone knows he has a sensitive stomach so the tea he drinks is different from others. He likes his dandelion tea with less sugar and drinks once it cools down enough.

Their morning is filled with the hustle and bustle in the kitchen.

Once the clock strikes six, Ravi Sinclaire will leave the rest of the breakfast to the others and make his round to wake up the children. He holds a bell in his hand, calling, "Children, it's time for breakfast. Those who come late shall be in charge of cleaning the dishes."

What comes after is the sound of children in a hurry to get dressed. Cries of bumping into each other come from each room. Their thundering footsteps can be heard even from outside.

Ravi Sinclaire will smile and shake his head, finding the children cute and adorable.

"Don't hurry too much," he will add. "You might get hurt with all that hustle."

"Yes, Brother Sinclaire!"

The Votarist will then make his way to the dining room, checking if all the plates, glasses, and utensils are prepared. He will check each one, making sure that none are missing. Once that is done, Ravi Sinclaire will step outside and check the weather.

The weather will decide today's task, after all.

"Today should be sunny, we can take care of the fields today."

The orphanage is self-sufficient. They plant and harvest their own food, make their own fabric, and sell their crafts for money.

The Votarist is a talented man.

He knows how to sew, how fabric can be made, how to embroider, how to play instruments, and many more. To others, the Votarist is a man who is favored by the gods. He receives many gifts and he uses those gifts to help those in need.

The Votarist is a generous man.

He does not have a single strand of selfishness in his body. That is why, everyone in the orphanage loves him. He teaches his skills, patiently teaches the children, and allows them to learn how to make money through honest means.

The Votarist is a man who loves generously.

He loves those who are treated as outcasts, who are abandoned by their family, who are treated like monsters. In the orphanage he runs, everyone is welcome, no matter who they are, no matter what they look like, and no matter who they used to be.

The Votarist is someone who follows through his promise.

If he promises to buy the children gifts on their birthdays, then he will buy the things they love most. No matter how rare it is, he will try his best. If the item they want cannot be obtained, he will find an alternative and apologize that he cannot find the gift they wanted.