18.05: The Votarist, BTS

18.05: The Votarist, Behind The Scenes

.

.

"Is the camera on?"

"It's ready!"

"Mister Sinclaire, please get ready!"

"Wait, already–?!"

"3, 2, 1–Action!"

A spotlight shines down on the guest for tonight's show. Unlike his character in the story, who can be seen in a butler's uniform most of the time, Ravi Sinclaire wears a simple white polo shirt, its collar ironed and properly fixed down, and paired with a pair of black square pants. To finish his clean and simple look, a wristwatch wraps around his wrist.

His hair, on the other hand, looks as if they went through a storm. Someone in the dark quickly pats his fly-aways down, trying to keep his image in tact.

But the live audience and those in the livestream have already captured photos of his disheveled appearance.

[Our Ravi, who's always been so neat and proper, finally had his day!]

[He must have been late to the interview. Isn't that what he wore at an earlier show as well?]

[Ah! You're right! Ravi, take a moment to rest!]

The live audience echo their counterparts' words.

Hearing their caring cries, a smile blooms on Ravi's lips. "Yes, thank you. After this, my schedule is empty so I'll take the rest of the week to rest properly."

In an instant, everyone grows feral.

How could their Ravi be so cute?!

"Mister Sinclaire, do you need a glass of water to cool down?" The host, who is checking whether it is the right time to intervene, gestures at the table where drinks and snacks are prepared.

"Ah, yes, thank you. Please don't mind me and proceed with the interview, Miss Host."

An arrow struck not only Miss Host in the heart, but also everyone watching the show. What they lack in this world is a gentleman like Ravi!

"W, Well," the host clears her throat, trying not to stammer in front of everyone's ideal man. "In your most recent show, The Votarist, we wonder how you landed such a role. In your previous acts, you tend not to choose those that are too... risky, in a sense."

This makes Ravi pause mid-bite. "Um," he glances at the host, who is looking at him with sparkling eyes, and then at the live audience, who are at the edge of their seats. "My childhood friend... peer pressured me?"

.
Sebastian, watching the interview in the comfort of his villa: "..."
.

"To be precise, I wasn't aware that my character is... like that. The term votarist led me astray and my friend was no help either," Ravi cannot help but release a sigh of defeat. "I thought my character was the same as my previous roles but my friend begs to differ."

"And you... just went along with it?"

"I have my pride as an actor. Since I have already accepted the role, then I must see it until the end."

The audience bursts into uncontrollable laughter, even thanking this childhood friend whom they know as one Sebastian Michaelis. If that man told Ravi the truth, then their Ravi would never have accepted a risky role like the votarist!

They never would have seen their neat and proper Ravi in such compromising positions!

"We heard that you're focusing on The Votarist before taking up another project?"