10 Years Later

You and Jack had agreed that after your fourth kid, your family was complete. Between Jack's career and four growing kids, neither of you felt the need to add anything more to your already busy life.

Of course, as you and Jack got older and your kids got older, Jack's career started to settle down, with less time spent in studios and on the road and more time spent at home with family. You both still felt that your family was complete.

Over the past few years, several of your friends have gotten married and started to have kids. Since you and Jack had gotten married and had Paisley at 19, you both were enjoying having your friends be in the same stage of life that you were in. It was fun to watch your friends experience the same things that you and Jack had previously experienced.

Out of all of your friends, it was different when Urban got married and had his first baby with his wife. You were happy for everyone, but you knew how much Urban loved your kids practically as if they were his own, so you knew he was ecstatic to have a child of his own.

In high school, you, Jack, and Urban talked about raising your kids together and having similar-aged children. It didn't work out that way, your oldest being almost 16 and your youngest being almost 8, and if there were one thing you regretted it would be that.

As you watched Urban and his wife experience pregnancy for the first time, you couldn't help but have a few thoughts about having one more baby.

Ever since Urban's wife Lauren had given birth to their baby girl Rylee, you and Jack would often stop by during the day while your kids were at school and today was no different.

You, Jack, Urban, and Lauren, were all sitting in their living room. Rylee was lying on Jack's chest asleep.

"I don't know how he does that, she was so fussy before Jack started holding her," Lauren said.

"After having four kids with him, I don't understand it either. Olive was probably our toughest baby, but I swear, Jack would just pick her up and she'd instantly stop crying."

"I'm going to need Jack to move in for the next year then," Lauren joked.

"I'll send him over next time he's annoying me," You joked as you leaned over towards Jack, resting your head on his shoulder as you laid your hand on Rylee's back.

"I can't believe how big our kids have gotten. It's hard to believe that they were all this small," Jack said.

"I was just thinking about that at Georgia's school play. I met her when she was six months old, it's so crazy to think that was seven and a half years ago," Lauren said.

"Like, the little girl you brought home to our old apartment at 19 is learning to drive. It felt like that would never happen."

"I don't even want to think about it," You said, laughing softly. Jack carefully handed Rylee to you so he could get up to get a drink. Rylee fussed for a minute before relaxing again. "Literally anytime you need a babysitter, I swear I'll drop whatever I'm doing to come watch Rylee."

"I don't know how you and Jack raised your kids while on tour and traveling all the time, it was hard enough just being pregnant, I can't imagine doing it pregnant and having other kids," Lauren said.

"We were 19 and a little delusional, plus we had a lot of help. There's no way we could have done it without everyone helping the way they did."

"Do you miss having a baby?" Urban asked and you thought for a second.

"Yeah, I do," You said, looking down at Rylee and rubbing her back softly. "Especially with everything slowing down. Raising kids on the road was fun, but I think it would have also been nice to experience having a baby without all of that."

"You could always have one more baby," Urban teased as Jack walked back into the room.

"I've thought about it," You admitted, "But not seriously."

"I'm down to get you pregnant again," Jack said.

"Here we were having a sweet conversation and you just came in and ruined it with your dirty comments," Urban teased.

It was a week later until you and Jack came back to your conversation with Urban and Lauren. All the kids were in bed except for Paisley who was having a sleepover with her friend downstairs so you let them stay up later than normal. You and Jack had already gotten ready for bed.

"Did you mean it when you said you've thought about having another baby?" Jack asked as he sat down next to you on the small couch you had in your bedroom.

"Yeah, I mean, I'm happy with four kids, and I don't regret not having another, I still think our family feels complete. But sometimes I do think about what if we had a fifth baby," You said. "Do you ever think about it?" You asked.

"I've thought about it, with the kids getting older, and all of our friends having kids," Jack admitted.

"Would it be crazy to start over though? To have a baby while we also have a 16-year-old."

"If we can raise four kids while traveling constantly, I think we can handle one baby and a couple of teenagers or almost teenagers at the same time while traveling a whole lot less."

"You have a point," You laughed softly.

"Do you want a fifth baby?" Jack asked and you nodded.

"The more I think about having another baby, the more I do want one more, and I've actually been thinking about it a lot since talking with Urban and Lauren," You said, taking Jack's hand and tracing random patterns on it with your finger.

"I've been thinking about it and I do too," Jack said. "What if, we just see what happens? We don't have to try, but if we're meant to have a fifth baby, then it will happen."

"I like that plan," You agreed, "If it's meant to be, it will happen."

"I really hope it's meant to be," Jack said.

"Me too," You said, smiling softly at Jack.