1.Dreams and aspirations

At Skylark PG, Mumbai

It was 5.30 in the morning of an alluring day when the stubborn machine named alarm snoozed for the third time,but that's what help our sleeping beauty to break up with her dreams and sink back to the chaotic reality.

With her drowsy eyes she witnessed the morning unfolding like masterpiece of an artist where the sky was adorned like a canvas of pastel colours, casting a soft light upon her world below while the gentle kiss of sunlight painting her face with hues of orange and yellow was enough to gear up our Aadrika a.k.a Piya for the new day with new spirit.

She went to the washroom to follow her daily morning routine and relish a soothing shower with lukewarm drops. There was still ample time left for breakfast and have a prep for the anticipating event of the day. All thanks for picking a personal accomodation space as she had already listened to her sister's uninterrupted ranting for getting ready hours before heading out anywhere to be on time.

While having morning meal she got on a video call with her lovely family to catch up on anything she is missed the previous night,also not to forget perceive every tips and suggestions her sister and mom delivered. She vividly remembered her aunt's words as well on the day prior to her departure.

Flashback

"Piya, no matter how packed your schedule is don't forget to converse with your Maa and atleast for once",her Kaki(aunt) said. Piya was extremely emotional that day as she couldn't fathom the fact of leaving her family and hometown behind and settling all alone to a new city, precisely 'dream city'. Yeah that's what all the non-Mumbaikars notion of it.

(Any Mumbaikar or non-Mumbaikars here?🙂)

"Come on Di, chokher jol to emon bhashiyechis jemon toke sasural dewa hocche tao jor kore" her cousin Aakash(a.k.a Neil) teased. Not a second later and a pillow with hard force directly landed on his face. "Maa!",he cried.

"What Maa? For God sake Neil you're her younger one display some esteem and warmth to her as she is departing tomorrow for a lengthy timeframe" Kaki replied.
(You're shredding tears as if you are been sent to in-laws and that's too reluctantly)

"Also doesn't it bother you to wonder of getting stern responses when you will be shredding tears while heading to your in-laws?" Hearing this words made Aakash baffled as he retorted"What the....!! I mean why would I shred tears on my wedding and why would I even head towards my in-laws in the first place?"

"Ja lokkhon dekhi mone to hoy toke bari rekhe labh ache. Rather me and your Baba decided to bring two Ghar Jamai(house husband) and send you off to your in-laws. Perhaps who knows we might have to literally plead girls into marrying you" kaki said.

(Observing your symptoms make us think there's no use of keeping you at home)

This made Piya and her sister(Apsara) snort as they witnessed their kaki savagely handling her brother but still in between this again a lone tear escaped her eye as she realised how acutely she would yearn to indulge in such bickerings.

However her brother soon made her come out of the reverie as she heard him reply,"Huh! If I choose to give you a show of how the charms of Aakash Roy Sharma works, probably it will end up flooding the entire house with damsels of the city,all demanding by attention at the same time",with this he lifted his collar.

"Behaya! Get lost of my sight right now or should I quote this exact words of yours to your Baba?"kaki said. Aakash made a horrified face as it prompted him to immediately flee while the entire room echoed with Piya and Apsara's laughter.
(Shameless)