Quit Throwing a Fit

Tori's POV:

My body burned and all my strength was officially gone. He had asked questions that required me to lie for the right answer and if it didn't seem convincing enough then he'd shock me for longer with more voltage. I sat in the chair, my head hanging limply against my chest, taking ragged breaths. We have one more minute of this and that's it. Sweat ran all over my body as twitches involuntarily went through my body. From my toes to my knees, to my arms, neck, and shoulders, then to my fingers and so on so forth. Every few seconds there would be a different twitch in a different location though they seemed to be easing down some.

"Do you truly think anyone would want you?" He asked, studying how my body reacted to the question. Why would someone want me? I am nothing. No one knows me. I don't even have a wolf. No one will ever want someone who can't keep a child.

"No. No one would ever want me." At this emission, a single tear slipped.

"Hmmm... still doesn't seem true enough yet." Mr. Noah sighed, flipping the switch up for more waltz and voltage. 

"Let's try fifteen seconds instead of ten this time." He hummed like he was the happiest person alive at the moment. He grabbed my head and brought it up so he could strap it to the back of the chair, probably to watch my pain. When I expected to see Mr. Noah's face, I instead saw a pair of ocean blue eyes glowing from the darkness looking at me. All I feel is peace and my body doesn't seem to hurt as bad anymore. For some odd reason, I just forgot where I was or what was about to happen.

Then I felt the fiery shock swimming through my veins before the machine turned on and my body tensed. Uncontrollably seizing was not my plan but I can't even let out a scream because of the lack of oxygen making its way to my lungs. My visions going hazy. Only a few seconds til the darkness falls and it did. 

Usually in the darkness, I am alone with my babies. This time, I felt the hands of the man before, I smelt his scent, and I could hear his voice ringing in my head telling me to hang in there. His arms were wrapped around me, and he moved with me when I went to grab my oldest baby, a little boy. When I sat down, he held the little boy in his arms while they were still wrapped around me. When I checked on Corrina, there was another wolf over there with her. This wolf was completely white with glowing blue eyes. Confused, I looked back to the man holding me to see the same ocean blue glowing eyes from before. Once again, I felt as though nothing could hurt me.

Coming back is always hard. There's a ringing in my ears, the bright lights are hurting my eyes that are still trying to adjust to them, and my whole body feels sore. I was once again thrown over his shoulder but this time, I felt a bandage, or maybe a cloth, separating my open wounded stomach from his shoulder. Nonetheless, it still hurt. I don't heal like other wolves. I heal like a human. I still smelt that addicting scent though which helped me calm down. Why does he keep coming to the forefront of my mind? I don't understand.

Moving my head ever so slightly so I could look behind Noah, I saw down the hallway. Three figures are moving in the shadows. They're far enough Mr. Noah couldn't sense them but close enough to still hear a conversation if one were to be held. I noticed I was already in my sweatpants and t-shirt. Mr. Noah probably dressed me. It's not unusual. I guess we're headed to the event. With the thought of any man getting ahold of me, I shivered. Just a couple hours ago I was excited because that meant I could leave but now I don't want to go anywhere that the strange man following us isn't.

We stopped outside a strange door, and he set me down, knowing I was already awake.

"Now you stand straight and tall in there. Don't make eye contact with anyone or else you know what will happen. Get chosen tonight because so help me if you don't..." He ended that with a snarl before shoving me through the door. I hit the floor, my legs burning from exhaustion. Yet, I still managed to pull myself back up, standing tall. My head and body hurts. The walls are spinning, and I feel nauseous but that always happens after correction time.

I can't smell his scent anymore. Panic engulfed me so I let my nervous tick run through my fingers. Stepping forward, I saw Mrs. Gio and instantly calmed down. She's always been kind. A little two-faced but still kind. 

"Eighteen! There you are, you just disappeared, dear! I was worried about you." She scolded softly, coming forward to wipe my makeup off and brush my hair through. Once she was done, she gently grabbed my hand before lifting my shirt to see the bloody bandage underneath. She looked on in pity for only a moment before tugging my shirt off that was soaked in blood and giving me another one. Then she led me to the group of girls from the eighteenth bunker. One stood about five-nine with gorgeous blue midnight hair and light brown eyes. She looked to be just underweight but still very healthy. On one side of her stood a girl that was about five-four and underweight, with brown light fluffy hair and green beautiful eyes! 

The last girl collapsed looking very green and gray. I wish I could do the same, but I don't want to die. She appeared unconscious and when Mrs. Gio tried to find her pulse, there was nothing to be found. The first girl began to cry and tremble, mumbling about how horrible of a place this is while me and the other girl looked at each other and shrugged, used to seeing things like this from when we were in bunker sixteen together. We never talked to each other, both of us liking to be alone but we acknowledged each other. A lot of the girls in bunker sixteen dropped like flies. At the time, bunker sixteen went from forty girls to only fourteen. In the seventeenth bunker, that's when the rest died off, only leaving four. I guess now there are only three of us.

"Coming up next is the seventeens!" A loud voice over a speaker boomed and a group of twelve girls moved outside the curtain. We heard people throwing out numbers and 'sold' being thrown out after. Not a single girl came back, they were all chosen.

"A complete wipe out! Let's see how our eighteens do!" And with that, we were rushed to go on the stage. As I stepped out, following the midnight blue haired woman, the light blinded me, making me dizzier. I felt a cold chill of many eyes rake over my body, the nausea only getting worse. I don't like people watching me. We saw four circles with our heights and weights on the outside before stepping into the blue glowing circles.

The Stetson scent came back again, causing my head to snap up and search the audience. I know Mr. Noah told us not too, but I have to know if those blue eyes are here now. After only a few moments of searching, way too many men staring at me, and people throwing out numbers, the first change of blue to green circle happened, signifying that the smallest of the three had been sold. She's the brown-haired girl who was in the sixteenth bunker with me. She smiled, happy to be chosen before looking to Destinee who would be chosen next. 

I looked back to the crowd and finally spotted him. His blue eyes are locked on me, and I could see the cold calculating look behind them. He threw out a huge number that shocked everyone into silence. Soon enough I heard the word sold and when I looked down both mine and the midnight blue girl were sold to him. The eighteens weren't over just yet though because as soon as the guy said sold, one of the men from before, not the good smelling one, stood and threw another huge number for the girl who was sold first. The first guy who bought her complained and began to throw a fit but when the brown headed man explained that that number went to both the man and the announcer, he sat down and quit throwing a fit, agreeing to give her up.

Unsure of what to do, we all stood still and waited for something, anything to happen. Finally, the two men and the loony guy from the cell stepped forward with their heads down. Another wave of dizziness hit me, and I couldn't help but close my eyes and grab my head. Opening them, the walls began to close in, and I felt my breath shorten. Before I knew it, I was on the ground, holding my head while my body shook violently, making me want to just succumb to the darkness so I can feel better. 

"Hold on a little longer. I can't carry you the whole time if things go south." The man whispered in my ears, before scooping me in his arms bridal style and jumping down. I let my body relax, laying limp in his arms. One of his hands lead my head up to lay on his shoulder and I shivered, trying to keep myself awake. It fucking hurts. Everything hurts. 

Where are we going now?