He Isn't Here

This nausea has been kicking my ass. The boys didn't return last night but when I woke this morning, I was Jay's little spoon. I got up about twenty minutes ago and have been sitting here dry heaving. Unfortunately, my dinner from last night came back up and so did all the water I've drank. So now there's nothing left in my stomach which makes the dry heaving so much worse.

I heard the door open behind me but my attention was once again brought to the toilet as I dry heaved once again. I could feel him sit beside me and rub my back. Don't look at his eyes. I can't see his eyes, he's probably utterly disgusted.

"You okay, babygirl?" His voice was low and husky. I love his morning voice, it's so- Before my thoughts could even finish, I was heaving again. His warm hand is on my head in an instant and I hum from the comfort it brings. As soon as the warmth falls from my head, I frown and look at him with tears. Why isn't he touching me?

"Do we need to take you to the hospital?" Hell no. I'm not gonna say that to him though, it'll give him more ideas in the future. I act as though I'm thinking for a moment before shaking my head.

"No, I'm okay." I murmur. We sat in the bathroom for another half an hour before he gently picked me up and brought me down stairs. We laid on the couch but I just couldn't get comfortable. Sighing, I sit up before pouting at his lap, at the world, at everything. He stares before cracking a smile from my obvious distaste for everything.

"You want water?" He asked, smiling which deepened my frown. Where's he going?

To get water, darlin. He'll be back.

Even Corrina was laughing at me which made me narrow my eyes. She's supposed to be on my side.

I am but he just asked if you wanted water, love.

She seems to be in a weirdly good mood. Looking down confused, I let my thoughts run wild. Why have I been so clingy lately? Yesterday, I cried from his absence and now he's still in the same house but all I want to do is jump his bones. What's wrong with me?

A snap brought my attention back up and his eyes stared back at mine with worry.

"Water?" He asks once more and I shake my head. I want coffee... Coffee sounds good. Warm and sweet.

"Can I have coffee?" I ask, sitting up a little more with a small hopeful smile. I really want coffee.

"Baby, you have been throwing up all morning. You can have water." With that he walked away and I felt a pang in my chest before letting my smile fall. I really want coffee though... Soon he was back with a steaming mug of something and a bottle of water. My smile was instant. It's coffee! He let an amused huff out before sitting down beside me. He threw the water at me resulting in a playful glare his way.

When I reached for the coffee in his hand, he pulled it back and raised his eyebrows.

"Take a few sips of water first." The playful glare was no longer playful while I let my eyes glance to the bottle of water at the end of the couch like it was a snake or Jax. Distaste was the only thing I was feeling and when I looked back, I knew he knew as well.

"I'll give you three free kisses if you drink some water. Then you can have your coffee." Within a second, I was on the side of the couch with the water to my lips. Taking three sips, one for each kiss, I closed it and set it on the table. Stupid water... I don't need it to survive.

You do, hun.

I glared again before turning, forgetting my hatred for water when his lips fell on mine. I didn't even hear him move. One kiss, two kisses, three kisses, coffee. And just like that, my coffee sits in my cold hands with a smile on my face. Looking at him, my smile widens.