10. the little cottage

not the longest chapter, but another important one. i know this story is going slower than I hoped but this content is a lot harder to write due to all the angst. I promise it will get better soon.

Also my updating schedule is going to change because I've started work again and balancing that with three books is going to be hard but i promise to keep writing and to update weekly, just instead of getting three books updated a week, it might be one or two depends how fast my chapters go.

That being said I'm working on the first chapter of Sparks Fly so keep an eye out for that over the next few days. 

And dont forget to join my discord. 

link in comments.

x Vi

─── ✨🎨🍨🎀✨ ──

─── ⋆⋅✨🎨🍨🎀✨⋅⋆ ──

Valentine had always found solace in the quiet, untouched beauty of her family's cottage outside of Tuscany. Even today as they drove up the dusty road, the familiar scent of lavender and rosemary filtered through the car, and memories of the first time she and Charles Visited this place came flooding back.

It was five years ago, during a sun-drenched August, that they had first chosen to spend Charles's break from racing at this hidden gem. The sun had been high in the sky, the vines heavy with grapes, the flowers had bloomed in the gardens that surrounded the cottage, and they were so in love that this was the perfect way to spend their time.

Now, as she stepped out of the car with their five-year-old daughter in tow, she couldn't help but wonder if all those years ago she and Charles hadn't split would they have made this a yearly getaway? Would the love she had for this place feel rewarding instead of heart wrenching?

The media frenzy that had surrounded their lives since Monza had gotten to the point of boiling and they just needed some time away Valentine was greatful that Charles suggested this cottage but being back here and seeing the house again brought back too many memories.

"You go ahead, I'll bring her in." Charles motioned towards the door. Juliette had fallen asleep on the trip over, and Charles offered to carry her in to avoid waking her up.

Walking into the house brough memories Valentine wasn't sure she was ready for, as Charles took Juliette to one of the bedrooms Valentine walked to the big windows facing the vast open vineyards and open fields letting her mind drift into the memories she once kept buried.

JULY 2016

Summer was in full swing. The sun was shining brightly above head, the birds were chirping, and the flowers were in full bloom. The perfect time for a romantic getaway and this summer break getaway they chose the cottage as their sweet escape.