14. feelings that never left

[ hi loves, this isnt very long but there is a reason why i did so. from here on out, things are going to pick up a bit in terms of charles and valentine. hope you enjoy this chapter. i'll try to upload the next one soon but no promise, this book is hard to write due to the second chance romance theme. but i want to be true to my characters and do them well.

until next time. yours,

Vi x ]

─── ✨🎨🍨🎀✨ ──

─── ⋆⋅✨🎨🍨🎀✨⋅⋆ ──

2014

The city lights blurred into streaks of color as the taxi sped through the quiet streets. It was late, and the energy from the bar had finally subsided, leaving Charles and Valentine in a haze of inebriation that went beyond the alcohol they had consumed.

Charles leaned back in the leather seat, feeling the warmth of Valentine's body beside him. The night had been an exhilarating combination of laughter, dancing, and sweet nothings whispered under flashing lights and in dark corners. Now, in the intimacy of the backseat, everything seemed to slow down, allowing the depth of their love to settle in.

Valentine turned to Charles, her eyes shimmering with happiness. "Tonight was...," she trailed off nothing knowing how to summarize what it felt being so free with him, her voice barely audible over the hum of the car engine.

Charles smiled, "yeah," he agreed. "I love you mon cœur." There was something intoxicating about the way they fit together, they had been together for so long and yet each time he came back from racing or being away from her for a while they fell back in love like it was the first time.

"I hope I never lose you," Valentine murmured, her gaze dropping to their intertwined fingers.

Charles's heart swelled with a mixture of joy and fear. He had always been guarded, wary of letting anyone get too close. But with Valentine, it was different. She had a way of breaking down his walls, of making him believe in something more. "Losing you would be..." He couldn't finish the sentence. The thought of a future without her was too painful to contemplate. Instead, he pulled her closer, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and kissing her like this was the first time they had shared a kiss.

Valentine sighed contentedly, resting her head on his chest. The rhythm of his heartbeat was steady and reassuring, a promise of stability in their world that was often chaotic and unpredictable.

"Do you think we can make it?" she asked after a moment, her voice tinged with vulnerability.

Charles tightened his hold on her, his resolve strengthening. "I do," he said firmly. "As long as we're honest with each other, as long as we keep fighting for this... I believe we can."