13. spectrum of emotions

[sooo here is another chapter, not very long because i am truly struggling with writing this book but i'm almost at a spot i like, so lets see where it goes from here. with it being race weekend i may not have an update after this until wednesday but who knows with me I can be a little crazy. :P]

─── ✨🎨🍨🎀✨ ──

─── ⋆⋅✨🎨🍨🎀✨⋅⋆ ──

February 2023

Valentine stood in the grand hall of the Galleria, her heart swelling with a mixture of pride and nervous anticipation. The soft hum of conversations and the clinking of champagne glasses surrounded her. This was her night, a culmination of months of painstaking work, and she was eager to see how her newest collection would be received.

Her gaze swept across the room, landing on Charles, who stood by the entrance. His eyes met hers, and he offered a reassuring smile. Dressed in a tailored charcoal suit, he looked exactly how a prince would.

"Are you ready?" Charles asked.

Valentine took a deep breath. "As ready as I'll ever be," she said and stepped to greet her guests.

The collection, aptly titled "Spectrum of Emotions," consisted of seven paintings, each painting was a vivid representation of an emotion she had grappled with, translated onto canvas in a way that only her unique vision could capture. Valentine guided the attendees through the exhibit, explaining the inspiration behind each piece.

Self-Pity. The first painting in the collection was a swirl of grays and blacks, punctuated by streaks of dull, muted purples. The canvas seemed to pull inward, creating a vortex that suggested an inward spiral of despair. Small figures, barely discernible, reached out from the swirling mass, their faces obscured by shadow, embodying the sense of being trapped in one's own sorrow. Valentine had created this piece during a period of introspection, struggling with feelings of inadequacy and defeat after Charles had found out about Juliette. She had channeled these emotions into the dark, swirling depths, capturing the heavy weight of self-pity that had once clouded her mind.

Fear. Next was "Fear," a stark contrast with its sharp lines and jagged edges. The predominant colors were dark blues and blacks, with flashes of blinding white lightning. The painting felt cold, almost frozen, with a central figure cowering beneath the ominous storm. Valentine had painted this the period she didn't know if letting Charles back into her life was a good idea. The fear of the unknown feelings had manifested in the chaotic, almost violent strokes that seemed to pierce through the viewer, evoking a visceral sense of dread.

Anger. "Anger" was a burst of fiery reds and oranges, the canvas alive with movement and intensity. Thick, aggressive brushstrokes radiated outwards, giving the impression of an explosion. In the center, a figure, rendered in stark black, appeared to be screaming, the sound almost palpable. This painting was born from betrayal, when Valentine had felt a white-hot rage that she could not contain. After she was forced to end her relationship with Luc. Anger at the media. Anger at Charles. Anger at Ferrari's stupid need to control the narrative. She had attacked the canvas with her brush, letting each stroke vent her fury until the anger was spent, leaving behind a raw, powerful piece that still seemed to burn with intensity.