Chapter 3: Attraction Or Pain

Back up on the surface, the teachers had just arrived at Bray and were walking through the hills and the forest to find the IRA base. "It's kind of weird thinking that you were dating all of us, Debbie," Mr Tennant said. "I know and it's kind of weird, especially since I'm bisexual," Ms Harry said. "Really? So am I," Mr Sumner said. "Well, I'm actually gay," Mr Tennant said. "Congrats young man," Ms Harry said, placing a hand on her colleague's shoulder. "Guys, check this out," Henry said, showing the rest of the crew a map in his watch, revealing where they are and where the Wild Boys supposedly were. "If we don't encounter anything along the way, we would be in the IRA base sooner," Henry said, pointing at the coordinates. "Then what are we waiting for? Let's go," Bob said.

They began walking through the forest. Since it is still daytime, nothing crazy has happened yet. "How long will it take for us to reach our destination?" Mr McCartney said. "In a few hours, if anyone needs rest, I'll try to find a spot for us to sit," Henry said. The crew continued on walking and Ms Harry became tired. Thankfully, there was a spot they could sit in so everyone sat down. "I can recall that the Wild Boys used to hear banshees around here," Henry said. "When do these banshees usually come out?" Mr McCartney asked. "Probably during sunset, I dunno," Bob said. "Are they dangerous?" Mr Tennant asked. "I wouldn't say they are, they're pretty much harmless, they just have this piercing scream whenever someone dies," Henry said, remembering the legend of the Banshee.

"You heard their screams?" Ms Harry asked. "Yes, while I was training with the IRA, someone from the army shot an innocent civilian and it traumatised me, that's where I heard a banshee," Henry said. "Is that why you left the IRA?" Bob asked. "Yes, but after that, I was sentenced to treason, I escaped execution and now I am hiding in Slane," Henry said. "So you betrayed them?" Mr Sumner asked. "I did, I even betrayed my own country as a result of that," Henry said. "Henry, you were a descendant of an aristocratic family, you inherited the castle, yet you're a runaway?" Mr McCartney asked. "Yup, hiding from the IRA, all because I committed 'treason,' if it really is treason, I don't know why am I even an Earl," Henry said. "Does the IRA serve under the Irish government?" Ms Harry asked.

"I don't think so," Henry said. "Exactly, plus we cannot forget the fact that execution was already abolished years ago," Bob said. "Really?" Mr Sumner asked. "Yeah, yet they'd still execute people who don't support them, I'd say they're true outlaws," Bob said. "As a matter of fact, when I told Sean that I'll be leaving the IRA, he sentenced me to death due to high treason, I dunno but I feel like the IRA is stuck in the middle ages when this is the 20th century," Henry said. "Yeah, it's 1985, get over it," Mr Tennant said. It was soon night time, Henry and Bob began walking around to find firewood while Debbie prepared mushroom soup for dinner. "Are you sure these mushrooms are safe?" Mr Sumner asked. "Yes, my watch scans them before I pick them," Ms Harry said.

"I love these watches if I'm being honest," Mr Tennant said. "Yeah, far more advanced than the technology we have right now," Mr Sumner said. "Okay, but is the water clean?" Mr McCartney asked. "Yeah, I brought a few water bottles with me," Ms Harry said as she put the mushrooms in the pot. Henry and Bob returned with some firewood. "We got firewood," Henry said. "Perfect," Debbie said as she hung the pot over the bonfire. Bob then used a match to light up the bonfire as Debbie began cooking. "How do you know if these mushrooms are edible?" Mr Sumner asked. "The watches can identify," Ms Harry said as she placed noodles into the soup. "You added noodles?" Mr Tennant asked. "Yup, for the carbs," Ms Harry said as she cooked the noodles. After a while, she was able to serve the soup she just cooked.

"Here you go, mushroom and noodle soup," Ms Harry said, serving the food before removing the pot from the fire. Everyone then ate it and the soup was so good. "It's so good," Mr Tennant said. "Do you like it?" Ms Harry asked. "I love it, thank you so much, Debbie," Mr Sumner said. "You're welcome," Ms Harry said. "You make the best food out of anything wild instead of going to a market," Mr McCartney said. "Well, I always pack food on the go but it's also best to use wild food as well, if they're not poisonous of course, I'm glad we have the technology to identify whether the food is poisonous or not," Ms Harry said. Everyone continued to eat their dinner so that they could have the energy to walk towards the IRA base. "So, how far are we from the IRA base?" Bob asked.