Chapter 9: Ready To Fly

Meanwhile at the hospital, the Wild Boys woke up at the ward they were sharing. They were being treated for their injuries largely because they were beaten up and bruised. Simon needed to be treated for his haemophilia because there were so many big bruises that weren't healing. "What happened?" Curt asked as he looked around. He is well-aware that he's in the hospital, his jacket is off and an IV is attached to his PICC line. And his nasal cannula is attached to an oxygen tank rather than the belt pack portable oxygen concentrator Nicky invented. He felt exhausted and weak. He grabbed his IV pole and weakly walked towards the bed adjacent to him, Roland's bed. Roland is asleep, his jacket is off and an IV is attached to him.

He still has his nasogastric tube on but he also has a nasal cannula. "Hey Ro," Curt said. Roland eventually woke up and saw Curt. "Curt, what happened?" Roland groggily asked. "I dunno, I just remembered passing out and now we're in some Dublin hospital," Curt said. George then woke up and noticed an IV on his hand. "Wow, can't believe I'm in the hospital again after a while," George said. "Yeah, that's because the last time you were in the hospital, you had pneumonia," Andrew (Ridgeley) said as he woke up. He also had his jacket off revealing a white tank top due to an IV attached to him. Curt then returned to his bed, sitting up now that he is awake. He wondered what happened. "Did I cut myself again?" Dave asked as soon as he woke up and noticed an IV.

Dave was previously in the hospital after a suicide attempt that made him slash his wrists. "I don't think you did, Dave, you passed out," Curt  said. "Aww man, I probably had a seizure," Mart said, waking up and noticing an IV. "I think you did while everyone passed out," Roland said. Mart had stress-induced seizures before and was rushed to the hospital as a result of that. Fletch eventually woke up and noticed an IV attached to him. "Man, I guess I was hit by a freight train," Fletch said. "So was I," Alan said, waking up. He had his jacket off also revealing a white tank top and had an IV attached to him. Simon eventually woke up on oxygen via a nasal cannula and an IV attached to him. He felt weak and beaten up. He had been rushed to the hospital multiple times due to blood loss, this is one of them.

So as a result of that, not only is he attached to fluids but also blood for blood transfusion. His jacket is also off revealing a rolled-up striped shirt. "Simon, are you alright?" Curt asked in concern. "If I'm being fair, not really," Simon said. Nicky eventually woke up, attached to his usual nasal cannula and an IV. "Jesus Christ, what happened?" Nicky asked. "We passed out," Mart said. John eventually woke up to being attached to his usual nasal cannula and an IV. His jacket is off revealing a white t-shirt. "Aww man, I've been hit by a truck," John said. "I know," Simon said. Roger eventually woke up to an IV and his usual nasal cannula. He thought he was still attached to his central line but realised he got it removed already. "Man, we've been asleep this long?" Roger asked.

"Yup," Nicky said. Andy eventually woke up, his nasogastric tube, nasal cannula and IV in place. "Damn, am I in the hospital?" Andy asked. "As a matter of fact, you are," John said. Chris woke up to a sharp pain in his stomach, feeling bloated due to IBS. His jacket was off revealing a white tank top and was attached to an IV as well like many other Wild Boys. "Chris, what's wrong?" Roger asked. "My stomach hurts, stupid IBS," Chris said, clutching onto his stomach. Roger instantly stood up but also got stomach pain, remembering he had a mitochondrial disorder that affected his intestines apart from his lungs. "What's going on?" Andy asked. He was also experiencing stomach pain due to gastroparesis but he bore it. Roger was eventually strong enough to grab his IV pole and walk up to Chris' bed.

Roger laid next to Chris and hugged him. "Chris, it's okay," Roger said, comforting Chris, kissing him on the forehead. Chris eventually calmed down and they both stayed that way for a bit. Jim eventually woke up and noticed that the sleeve of his jumper was rolled up. He then noticed an IV on his hand. "Great, another day, another hospital visit," Jim said. "I know," Charlie said as he also woke up. He also had an IV attached to him. "When will we ever catch a break?" Mel asked groggily as he was waking up. His jacket is off revealing a pale blue button-up, one sleeve rolled up to give IV access. "I dunno man," Mick said. He also had an IV like everyone else. "We were all knocked out, that's all I could remember," Jim said, recalling passing out earlier.