Chapter 8: Hand To Mouth

"What's the plan again?" Nik asked. "You, me and Susanna will quietly teleport into the main office and try to retrieve the badges," Andy said. "And that's where I'll open up my portals so that you could place the badges," David said. "Right," Susanna said. "Okay, are you all ready?" Andy asked. Both Nik and Susanna nodded and were ready to be teleported. "Good luck, you three," Mr Tennant said. Andy, Nik and Susanna then teleported into the main office. The main office is oval-shaped, just like the oval office of the white house. "Is the general even here?" Nik asked. Andy used his powers to scan his surroundings. "The general is on his chair, checking surveillance cameras," Andy said. "I didn't know there were surveillance cameras here," Susanna said.

Upon knowing that there were surveillance cameras, Nik instantly texted Jez using his watch to disable the nearby surveillance cameras. Meanwhile outside the main office, Jez got a text from Nik. "Jez, what's wrong?" Steve (Askew) asked. "We have to destroy the surveillance cameras, somewhere," Jez said. Bono used his powers to scan the area of nearby surveillance cameras. "There's one over there," Bono said. Jez used his powers to create a dagger and shut off one of the surveillance cameras. "Any more?" Jez asked. "There's one behind us," Alan said, being alerted due to his clairvoyance. Jez then shut off that surveillance camera using his dagger. "Honestly, Andy is better at this," John said. "Don't compare me to that clumsy little boy," Jez sarcastically said as he threw a dagger towards another surveillance camera.

Back in the main office, Andy could see the surveillance cameras being shut off. Just before the general could see any of the Wild Boys. "Jez did a great job, now let's get those badges," Nik whispered before Andy teleported himself, Nik and Susanna underneath the main desk. They could see the general up close. "How can we distract him?" Nik asked. "I got an idea," Susanna said as she began using her psychic bow construction powers. She then formed an arrow with her powers and shot an arrow towards the door. "Where did that come from?" General Tiarnán asked before Andy found a drawer filled with confiscated badges. He was then able to text David to activate his portals. Meanwhile, outside the main office, David received a text from Andy.

"David?" Billy asked. "It's Andy, he told me to activate the portals," David said as he used his powers to activate the portals connecting the halls to the main office. Back in the main office, Nik, Susanna and Andy tried their best to quietly put all the badges into the portal. "We have to make it quick, he might see us any moment," Susanna whispered. "Don't worry, I can teleport us outside in case he sees us," Andy whispered as he quietly but clumsily put the badges into the portal. That's when one of the badges fell off and ended up next to the general. "Crap," Andy whisper-shouted as he witnessed the general picking up one of the badges. Just as General Tiarnán was about to turn around, Andy instantly teleported himself, Nik and Susanna outside the main office.

This signaled David to close the portal. "What's happened?" David asked. "The general almost found out that we're there so we had to teleport back here," Andy said. "Yeah, because one of the badges went loose," Susanna said. Andy then used his powers to check if the general returned back to the arrow. He didn't, he just placed the badge back into the drawer with half of the other badges Andy, Nik and Susanna didn't retrieve and went back to looking at surveillance cameras. "Now what?" Nik asked. "I can try and manipulate his memory," Marc suggested. "Okay, then come with us," Susanna said. "Good luck, guys," David said. Andy, Marc, Nik and Susanna teleported back to the main office. They hid underneath the desk when Marc decided to start manipulating the general's memory.

He made the general forget that there was even a badge that fell off and that there was an arrow to examine. Once he successfully manipulated General Tiarnán's memory, Nik was able to tell David to open the portal so that he, Andy, Marc and Susanna could get the rest of the badges. Andy even used his telekinesis to get the loose badge and placed it into the portal. After that, he, Nik, Marc and Susanna teleported back to the hallway. "I guess you got everything," David said, referring to the pile of badges on the ground. "Okay, so your badges have your numbers and names so if I call you, get your badges," Henry said. The Wild Boys nodded. "24661, Curt Smith," Henry called out. "Here," Curt said, retrieving his badge. He placed it onto his shoes, feeling a rush of power again.