Chapter Seven: The Unexpected Journey

Visenya was up early the next morning and made breakfast for all the dwarves while cleaning up as she did so.
She woke them up with coffee and fresh juice, which had all the dwarves and Gandalf thanking her with a smile then singing her praises with her food spread.
She had Gandalf clean up with Bofur much to the old man's disbelief but did as he was ordered and had all the dwarves including Thorin, cleaning up their mess but keeping quiet as they left Bilbo house.
The dwarves were talking but Visenya was just listening to them with a small smile on her face, then goes to her horse with a few apples before loading her with some supplies then climbing on and trotting their way out of the Shire.

"Do you think he will come?"

"No way."

"Wanna a bet?"

Kili and Fili spoke with mischief, and thrn the other dwarves got into the deal, but only Gandalf, Oin,Visenya, and Balin bet that Bilbo would come, Thorin did not bet just remained silent.
It was about twenty minutes later they they heard a sound making Visenya smile.

"Wait! Wait! "

Everyone stops. Bilbo happily hands it over to Balin.

"I signed it."

Balin checks it over before looking at Bilbo with a small smirk.

"Everything appears to be in order. Welcome, master Baggins, to the company of Thorin Oakenshield."

"Give him a pony."

Visenya looked at Thorin and could see the annoyed expression on his face when giving Bilbo a pony but he turned slightly and saw Visenya looking at him giving her a intense look that made her thighs clench before turning away.

"No, no, no, no. That…that won’t be necessary. Thank you. I’m sure I can keep up on foot. Yeah, I…I’ve done my fair share of walking holidays, you know? Even got as far as Frog Morton once."

Visenya giggles at him before Kili and Fili pick him up to Bilbo and put him on the pony, then Oin looks at Nori.

"Come on, Nori! Pay up!"

Then the dwarves groaned before money pouches started flying over Visenya, catching her with a small smirk, making Throin smile and holding a chuckle, but Bilbo was confused and turned to Gandalf.

"What’s that about?"

"Oh, they took wagers on whether or not you’d turn up. Most of them bet that you wouldn’t."

"And what did you think?"

"Well… "

Gandalf catches a sack of coins, making Visenya giggles again.

"My dear fellow, I never doubted you for a second."

"Oh, it’s horse hair. Having a reaction. Uh…wait, wait. Stop! Stop! We have to turn around."

"What on earth is the matter?"

"I forgot my handkerchief."

Visenya snorted and could see the disbelief on Frenwin's face, making Dwalin laugh at his brother, but Bonfur thought he would be helpful and chucked a snot rage at Bilbo.

"Here! Use this."

Bilbo looked so disgusting that Visenya took pity and gave one of her spares for him, which he gave a thankful smile for.

"Move on!"

"You’ll have to manage without pocket handkerchiefs, and a good many other things, Bilbo Baggins, before we reach our journey’s end. You were born to the rolling hills and little rivers of the Shire. But home is now behind you. The world is ahead."

Gandalf said to Bilbo but Visenya just gave a reassuring smile before going towards the IN brothers to talk to them about the dangers and that she would scout ahead then trotted off before they could say anything making Thorin anxious for her return.
Later that night, Bilbo could not sleep because of Bombur's snoring. He gets up and smuggles an apple to Myrtle. He speaks to her gently.

"Hello, girl. Who's a good girl? (feeds her) It's our little secret, Myrtle. You must tell no one. Shh, shh. "

Bilbo smiled and pets her snout, but there is a shriek in the air. He looks to Fili and Kili, who are already awake.

"What was that?"

Killing looked at Bilbo seriously.

"Orcs."

"Orcs? "

Thorin wakes up in alarm but sees that Fili and Kili are teasing Bilbo but sees Visenya on a rock looking over the forest, keeping the dwarves safe while they rest.

"Throat-cutters. There'll be dozens of them out there."

"The lone-lands are crawling with them. They strike in the wee small hours when everyone's asleep. Quick and quiet, no screams. Just lots of blood."

The boys laugh when Bilbo looks panicked as if it were a joke, but Thorin was angry with them. He could see the distaste on Visenya face as well at the poor joke.

 "You think that's funny? Do you think a night raid by Orcs is a joke?"

"We didn’t mean anything by it."

"No, you didn’t. You know nothing of the world."

Throin walked away towards Visenya who put her gentle hand on his shoulder giving it a squeeze which prompted him to put his hand on hers to squeeze back then looking at her a little with a looked of adoration before going back to watch the forest.
Balin looked at the three who were talking and felt pity for them and decided to fill them in.

"Don’t mind him, laddie. Thorin has more cause than most to hate orcs. After the dragon took the Lonely Mountain... ...King Thror tried to reclaim the ancient Dwarf kingdom of Moria. But our enemy had got there first. Moria had been taken by legions of Orcs... ...led by the most vile of all their race: Azog the Defiler. The giant Gundabad Orc... ...had sworn to wipe out the line of Durin. He began... ...by beheading the king. No! Thrain, Thorin's father, was driven mad by grief. He went missing. Taken prisoner or killed... ...we did not know. We were leaderless. Defeat and death... ...were upon us.,I was about to meet my end when Visenya saved my life and that of our families, then that is when I saw him. A young Dwarf prince... ...facing down the pale Orc. He stood alone against this terrible foe. His armour rent... ...wielding nothing but an oaken branch as a shield. Azog the Defiler learned that day... ...that the line of Durin would not be so easily broken. Our forces rallied... wand drove the Orcs back. And our enemy... ...had been defeated. But there was no feast... ...nor song that night... ...for our dead were beyond the count of grief. We few had survived. And I thought to myself then... ... there is one who I could follow. There is one... ...I could call King."

"And the Pale Orc? What happened to him?"

"He slunk back into the hole whence he came. That filth died of his wounds long ago."

Thorin said to Bilbo with a deep tone before making everyone go to sleep so Dwalin could sleep before swapping with Visenya, they had more to do and he wanting it over to reclaim his home and to claim his One.