2. an accident

HYUNJIN:

"So you're saying that I'm moving in today? I didn't even pack any of my stuff!" I hiss at Jisung, who was trying to hold back his laughter. "Hey, this is not the time to laugh!"

"I'm sorry, there's just one more thing," his laughter subsides as the guards open the door to a room, revealing Minho standing inside.

"No fucking way," I mutter under my breath. "Ji, please kidnap me from here. Do anything! Why should I live with this guy?" I whine.

"Because it's totally believable that a couple in love sleep in two separate bedrooms," Minho says while rolling his eyes. "Get over it already, there's nothing we can do about it. Bring it in," he finishes his sentence by ordering some guards carrying boxes to come inside. I realize that those are my things.

"Did they really pack everything? When did this even happen?" I ask.

"Don't worry, I got everything done today morning. I even packed your favorite plushy," Jisung says with a wink.

"A favorite plushy, huh? That's cute. So all of this tough guy image is a facade?" Minho remarks, clearly enjoying my flustered expression. "I want to see it."

He turns around to go get it, but I stop him.

"Han Jisung you will do no such thing," I say sternly. He looks between me and Minho, evidently perplexed about who he should listen to. In the end, the traitor goes ahead and finds it.

"Sorry, he technically has more power than you," he mutters as he walks past me, holding back a laugh. He takes his leave once all the work is done.

"There's only one bed," I complain. "I'm keeping pillows in between us."

"What, are you afraid that we'll accidentally make babies if we sleep next to each other? Stop being so dramatic," he sighs as goes to find something to change into. My head involuntarily creates images in my head that I did not want to see. I turn red at the thought.

"Oh, you're thinking about it, aren't you?" He smirks at me.

"Th-thats not even possible! Stop being so frustrating and go to sleep," I say, throwing a pillow at him. He chuckles.

"Whatever you say, Prince."

*

"This is so boring," I whisper to Minho, who was making an effort to look interested in what the florist was saying. We were out on our first public appearance together and we were choosing flowers for the wedding.

"So, what do you think of the collection?" The florist asks, wiping his sweaty palms on his apron in anticipation. I would say something nice, but when I say I wasn't paying attention I really mean it.

"It's lovely, don't you think?" Minho says, looking at me with a smile as his hands snake around my waist. I freeze for a second before he gives me a look and I remember that we're supposed to act like a couple.

"Of course it is!" I say with an obnoxious laugh, hitting his chest like he said the funniest joke ever. "I think we need a moment or two to decide what we want, don't we?"

"Of course, my Princes. Please take your time," the man says, leaving us alone.

"What the fuck Hyunjin? Do you have something personal against me?" Minho hisses at me the moment he's out of earshot, rubbing the part of his chest which I hit.

"Plenty. Why'd you have to hold my waist out of nowhere?" I say. I wasn't uncomfortable exactly, but I was surprised.

"Well princess, you're not always going to be comfortable, especially in a situation like this. We're going to have to do more than this to convince the public that we're in love," he says matter-of-factly.

"Did you just call me princess?" I ask.

"Why? You like it?"

"No. Can we just pick the flowers already? I'll turn into a pot of daisies myself if I sit here any longer."

"Did you even look at them for that?" He questions me. Okay, he got me there.

"Well, you told me that my job is to sit there and look pretty and I served."

"A certain someone also said that they wouldn't listen to what I say. My, I wonder who that is?" He says, sticking a finger to his chin in thought.

"Can you stop making fun of me all the time?" I say, pushing his hand away as he laughs at me. "I'm hungry, can we go eat something?"

*

I made a bad decision.

We were currently at a restaurant being obsessively served by the staff. That was not the problem. The steak arrived and they offered to cut it for us, but that idiot Minho went ahead and declined.

"Why would you do that?" I ask.

"Why not? Can't you cut steak by yourself?" He replies. I look away.

"No..." I timidly answer, not able to maintain eye contact with him.

"No way. I know the servants always do it for you, but it's literally just cutting with a knife. How hard could it be?"

"I'm just not great with knives, okay? I always end up cutting my fingers," I say in defense.

"Give me your plate," he says, holding his hand out.

"So just because I can't cut my own steak you're going to have mine?"

"No dumbass, I'm cutting it for you."

"Oh," I say, a blush spreading across my cheeks as I realize. I'm so stupid.

And boy, did the press have a field day because of the pictures taken from that moment. They spread like wildfire and the public was completely convinced of our "relationship".

JISUNG:

"Have fun socializing!" I wave to Hyunjin as he miserably calls me back to keep him company. It was the day of the engagement and the princes were getting swarmed by excited guests.

Suddenly, I feel wetness near my abdomen. I look down to realize in horror that my white shirt was stained blood red with wine, sticking to my skin and making it look like someone just stabbed me. I raise my head and I find Prince Felix looking back at me, looking twice as horrified.

"OH MY GOD I AM SO SORRY I-"

"It's completely fine, my Prince! I'll just go get changed into something else," I break him off before he could completely apologize to me. It would look really bad for me if I made a Prince say sorry to me.

"No, I insist that I get you something else to wear. Follow me," he replies, and I'm left with no option but to tag along behind him. I feel eyes prying into my soul as I walk with him.

"Here you go," he says, taking out a perfectly ironed shirt out of his spacious wardrobe. I've been in this bodyguard business for a few years but the wealth of the royals never failed to amaze me. "I kept it as a backup for the engagement, but I don't need it."

I hesitate. "My Prince, do you not think it is wrong for me to accept this?" I ask.

"It's an order. Just because I'm a Royal doesn't mean I can get away with my mistakes. You can pick up a towel from the bathroom to wipe yourself and change here, I'll wait outside." I'm left speechless. He's the nicest Prince I've ever met, which is saying a lot because most of them are stuck up assholes. I quickly clean up and change my shirt, making sure to take the dirty one to give to the washers.

I open the door and Prince Felix eyes me down from head to toe. I look away nervously and he smirks.

"You know what? You should just keep this shirt, it looks better on you. I won't take a no."

My eyes widen and I turn around so that he wouldn't see me covering my mouth and blushing. I was trying my best not to squeal because I JUST GOT A FUCKING COMPLIMENT FROM THE PRINCE FELIX. The Prince I've been crushing on since the moment I got here.

"You know you're standing in front of a mirror, right? I can see you," he says, stifling a laugh.

"Someone please kill me," I whine in a low voice, crouching down and hugging my knees in embarrassment.

"Cute."