S3 : E6

Nina tapped away on her laptop as she finished editing her piece for a popular magazine. She was grateful that she could be paid to do what she loved and in the comfort of her home too was a bonus.

For as long as she could remember, she loved expressing herself through her words whether it was through her poems or her written work. She enjoyed the ability to tell people who she was through her own words, not through the perception of others.

Especially being a victim of rampant colourism, this often meant others always had a way of making her feel small by calling her names or purposely going out of the way to exclude her from group pictures.

Though her journey had been long, she was grateful to fall victim to her fears and worked through her insecurities to be an improved version of herself. Now she was in a position she never imagined she would be in: working the job of her dreams and madly in love with the sexiest men she'd ever met.

This all came from her seeking self-validation and choosing to make herself a top priority, she was glad that she'd grown out of her people-pleasing phase. Nothing good came out of her doing that. 

A pinging sound emitted from her phone, making her excited at the thought of Raheem messaging her but once she unlocked her phone, nothing could have prepared her for what she saw in her message from this unknown number.  His unforgettable moans were distinct as she watched in horror, him letting the woman throat his member with no rebuttal. Once she let him go, Nina's heart fell to her stomach as she caught a glimpse of the mystery woman.

Wasn't the same woman she saw at his barbershop?

Her eyes watered as she continued to watch them, kissing each other passionately. Each minute that went by, she could feel herself becoming more hopeless. All this time she had spent building this relationship with him, all for it to go down the drain in one single moment. She couldn't stand being here any minute longer, grabbing her laptop and a few other essentials before she was out of their flat to her sister's place.

Meanwhile, Raheem was completely exhausted from a day of being at each barbershop but nothing made him more happy than doing what he loves and his lady love. As he turned the key to their flat, he called out to her.

" Yo, babe. I'm home"

The silence responded for her as he walked around to see where she might be but to his surprise, she was nowhere to be found.

" Nina? Nin-" His phone pinged as he walked into their room to see some of her things were gone.

His jaw clenched in confusion as he moved around the room frantically, desperate to know why she would just leave like that.

As far as he knew, nothing bad had happened between them recently so he couldn't understand why but once he unlocked his phone, clicking on the message notification, he finally got his answer.

He couldn't believe how low Sarai would go just to get him back.

A sex tape?? Really?

He was so vexed right now, that she sent Nina their sex tape from time ago. He didn't even have to wonder why Nina was gone, it was clear to him that she saw it too and probably thought it was recent too.

"Ahhhh, she's such a fucking bitch! So annoying"

Just as he was about to punch the wall, he remembered something that he had seen a long time ago and with a smug smile, a plan was set in motion.

................................................................................................................................................................