S2 E2

Sweat built on Solani's palms as she realised that she was alone with Lamar. The jazz music had simmered down to a slow song and the atmosphere was once again chilled.

Wasting no time, Lamar moved a little closer to Solani and placed his muscular arm on top of the booth. Picking up her hand, he rubbed it softly as he looked at her with a mix of intrigue and lust, Solani continued to sit still as she wondered what to say.

" You don't have to be shy around me, b," Lamar's deep voice made her tingle. She smiled shyly as she slowly turned to face him, taking in how he looked properly for the first time.

She couldn't believe that a beautiful man like him would have an interest in her. Everything from his perfectly coiffed beard to his curly eyelashes made her have butterflies in her stomach.

" What makes you think I'm shy? " 

" Can't look man in the eye, that's how I know," 

They both chuckled.

" So, What do you do?" She asked.

"I own a barbershop. I opened it up a couple of years ago and it's doing pretty well, actually" he rubbed the back of his head nervously. He thought about how long it took to get where he was and he was proud that he was doing ok.

Seeing he was in deep thought, she was amazed at how much he achieved at such a young age and she couldn't help but rethink her initial impression of him as a fuckboy. Maybe she was wrong.

" What about you? What does a stunning beauty like you do for work ?" 

"I'm a physical therapist " Solani smiled as the jazz music picked up tempo and people gravitated back to the dancefloor.

" Well, I know who to call if I need help with any injuries, innit" Lamar laughed.

Rolling her eyes, Solani looked over to the bar to see Shani and Eric waving back at her and unbeknown to her, Lamar moved to the other side of the booth and got out.

Solani chuckles, waving back to them and turns to see that Lamar is standing up with his hand out towards her.

" Come dance with me"

She took a deep breath, slipping her hand into his and they both walked towards the dance floor.

Lamar started dancing slowly, pulling Solani closer to him. The music switched to a sensual jazz song that had everybody grinding each other.

Matching his movement, her hips swayed sexily, beat for beat. She felt herself becoming more relaxed and sinking into Lamar's comfortable hold as they grinded against each other.

The rhythmic flow of her bum against his groin becomes too dangerous for him as he tried not to get hard.

His large hands smoothly snaked around her waist, and he spun her swiftly so they faced each other. His lips close to her ear as they melt into each other's embrace, dancing rhythmically together.

" You need to stop moving dangerously like dat. " He whispered in her ears, causing tingles to trickle down her spine.

" Oh why?" Solani replies cheekily, still smiling shyly. They kept dancing until they were inches away from each other. Ready to take the plunge, Lamar leaned in a bit more as their lips got closer, but the music abruptly changed to a fast-paced song.

Feeling self-conscious, Solani moved back as Lamar let her go. They slowly moved back towards the booth, and they sat next together. They looked at each other in silence before breaking into laughter.

" I definitely enjoyed dancing with you. It's been a minute that I have a good dance like that, to be honest. "
She smiled.

Lamar lazily placed his hand on her thigh, rubbing it softly, and Solani looked at him wide-eyed.

"You looked real sexy dancing on me. Not gonna lie, I might have enjoyed it too much, "

" Oh well, I was alright. Don't know about being sexy though." She replied shyly.

" Nah, you were definitely sexy on that dancefloor and I ain't taking it back, b," He was slightly annoyed by her response to his compliment. Usually, the girls he went out with enjoyed his compliments, but Solani was so different from them, and that only intrigued him more.

Solani wasn't used to being complimented like this since she was usually just the friend that was never really moved to. It made her feel both excited but anxious at the same time as she still wondered if he was really interested in her or just wanted to beat.

Lamar grabs her hand, slightly gripping her chin to face, and her eyes bore into his eyes with obvious fear.

" So I'm going to be direct. I had a good time and I definitely want to see you again. Are you up for it?"

Realising that he is really interested in her, Solani boldly moved in closer and kissed Lamar. Completing caught off guard, Lamar deepens the kiss, but Solani pulled away and laughed.

" Does that answer it for you?"

"Yeah, definitely"

................................................................................................................................................................

Sorry for the late update. Here's another chapter.

As always, vote and comment.

Episode Two: Aftermath will be out soon.