S2 E1

9 pm

People clicked their fingers and whooped for the female poet's 'Where art thou fuck nigga ?'. The atmosphere was chilled in Afrohours as Solani sat down in the booth with her best friend Shani. Both standing at 5 ft 7 in, they both lay their purses on the table and removed their jackets. Warm-chestnut beauty, Solani chose a minimal makeup look whilst Shani has rich ebony skin and has a fully contoured makeup look.

" Do we really have to do this?" Solani questioned softly as she flicked her straightened natural hair over her shoulder.

Shani looked at her, lifted her eyebrow in annoyance and shook her head as she texted her boyfriend about the double date. Solani felt nervous as she smoothed her clothes down and looked around to see the buzzing hubbub of people chatting and singing along to the jazz music playing.

She didn't know why she agreed to do this even though she hated double dates but knowing Shani, she wouldn't let Solani spend yet another evening watching reruns and eating popcorn.

"Solani, you haven't been out for ages. You need this ok." Shani fluffed her tapered curls on her short natural hair. The phone pinged and Shani picked it up instantly, smiling when she saw the message. Getting up, she smooths down her navy bodycon accentuating her thick curvy body.

"They are here, I'm going to get them. Call a waiter" Shani said, walking quickly towards the entrance as two tall black guys walked in. Solani called out for a waiter as Shani walked back to the table with the two guys. Solani got up slowly, standing up as they reached the table. The first guy holding Shani's hand was Eric, Shani's boyfriend of a year. Standing at 6ft 1 in, he shares the rich ebony complexion with Shani and sported a white Ralph Lauren polo t-shirt with navy jeans.

Solani instantly hugged Eric, not watching how the second guy observed her lustfully, biting his lip at the sight of her slim body and her small but perky bum. Being the tallest at 6 ft 3 in, the second guy had a golden brown complexion with a full beard, dressed in a tight-fitting beige jumper with light blue jeans on. 

"What you saying, Solani? I haven't seen you in a while" Eric said, pulling Shani closer and snaking his arm around her waist.

" Not much, you know. Just working a lot" Solani pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear. The second guy licked his lips as he stretched out his hand towards her. Solani looks at his hand, gradually moving her eyes upwards and looking at his light brown eyes. His luscious pink lips moulded into a reassuring smile. She slips her hand into his hand as he shakes it gently.

" The name is Lamar," his deep voice boomed, sending chills down her spine. They all proceeded to sit down and the waiter took down everybody's orders. The jazz music filled the air as they had a conversation that turned into a heated debate about who should pay for dates.

" All I'm saying is that we're both going on a date so why should I be paying for it all? I got ps and so do, Shani" Eric side-eyeing Shani. 

Shani rolled her eyes before dramatically flipping her imaginary long hair. Solani chuckled lightly, not noticing Lamar moving closer to her.

" Don't at me bro. I don't really give a fuck, ok. You're my man so I expect you to take care of me and not complain like a little bitch." Shani remarked, folding as she sipped her cocktail.

" Nah, dead that Shani. I know for sure you got ps with all that youtube shit you do. How gonna you do my g like that?"Lamar interjected, sipping his ice-cold beer. Solani watched as the liquid passed over his juicy lips into his mouth, slightly biting her lip.

"What about you, Lani? What you think?" Lamar turned his face towards hers.

He already loved the way he made her nervous that she couldn't look him in the eye. Her hands fiddled around and tugged yet another strand behind her ear. He wanted to place his hand on her thigh to calm her down but he knew it was too early for all that.

"Well, I think-"

"Lamar, shut your bludcart mouth up. I didn't ask for your wasteman response" Shani rolled her eyes yet again.

The jazz changed from an uptempo song to a slow one. Couples walked to the dancefloor and started slowly dancing with one another. The lights were dimmed a little, making the bar becoming chilled and cosy.

" Oh, I forgot, Solani, you were saying something. I cut you off. What did you want to say?" 

"I just wanted to say that, erm, there should be a balance you know? Sometimes you pay, sometimes he pays or sometimes you both pay. I mean, in a relationship, you're both investing in each other so there should be an equal effort from both of you, not just one." Solani responded shyly, Shani threw her a joke-stank eye whilst the guys nodded agreeing with her.

" I need to go to the ladies. Are you coming, Solani?" Shani emphasised Solani's name, looking at her directly. Solani got the message and turned to face Lamar, as he moved out of the booth and held his hand out to help her up. He touched her lower back as she stood up and butterflies fluttered in her stomach.

Shani grabbed Solani's hand and dragged her through the bar towards the ladies. Opening the door, they both walked in and walked towards the mirrors. They each got the makeup out, Solani reapplied her lipgloss whilst Shani reapplied her mascara.

" Oh, my gosh, Lamar wants you so bad," Shani chuckled lightly.

"Yeah, I guess, probably to fuck. Shani, I hope this isn't another fuckboy because I really don't need that right now." Solani sighed in disbelief at how she had such a shitty love life.

 Sometimes she wished that a cool guy she could vibe with would come along because she was so tired of being single and being the only virgin she knew.

" No, he is into you in a deeper way. I know it. So when we go back out, just relax and interact with him more." Shani advised, putting her mascara away and grabbing her purse. Solani did the same and with that, they went back to the booth.

The guys were laughing raucously until the girls reached the booth and Solani sat down, smiling shyly at Lamar as he sat next to her. Shani and Eric were still standing, watching the other two with smiles on their faces.

" We're going to the bar. Enjoy yourselves" Shani pulled pulling Eric with her before Solani could say something. Her lips were sealed noticed that Lamar was staring intensely at her. He put his finger under her chin so that she would look his way.

" Don't worry, babe. We gonna have a good time" He voiced. Solani could only stare at him as she wondered what the rest of the night would be like.

To be continued

...................................................................................................................................

Hey guys. So sorry for the delay. I will update soon

Let me know what you think of this episode

Love, Tam xxx