S2 E3

3 Years Later

" This doesn't fit me, Shani. What am I going to do?" Solani looked at the tight dress in the mirror. Trying to zip up, the zipper failed to get past her bum.

Sighing in defeat, Solani ran her fingers through freshly washed coils, tying it up into a puff. Shani shook her head as she rubbed a 7-month-old baby bump. She and Eric took their relationship to the next level and married a year ago.

" Don't worry babes. I'm sure we'll find something you fit well and you look beautiful for sure" Shani giggled quietly. Solani gave her a side-eye look and Shani did the same back. 

They held their stares for a bit before they both broke into laughter, falling onto the bed. They both lay there quietly, lost in their thoughts.

Solani still couldn't believe that she and Lamar had been together for 3 years but honestly, she was the happiest she had ever been in a long time. Loneliness had found a somewhat permanent space in her life from her being an only child to losing her parents so young.

 Shani and Eric had been one of the few people she really trusted in her life. So meeting Lamar felt like a dream that was too good to be true and sometimes she felt like pinching herself each time she thought about their relationship.

Tonight was a special night for him but for her too and she knew that she needed to do something for him to make it extra special. Lifting her head from the bed, she moved to the other side to help Shani sit up. She walked to the wardrobe picking the items she needed and walked to the ensuite bathroom as Shani eyed her suspiciously.

"What did you pick out?" Shani asked, instinctively rubbing her belly again.

"I know you will like it, don't worry, " She put her outfit on, smoothing her hands all over the outfit. Applying some lipgloss, she took a look at herself and a small smirk formed on her face as she admired her look. Pulling off her scrunchie, a plethora of coils fell to her shoulders, enhancing her glowing face. 

Taking a deep breath, she opened the door to see a shocked Shani which was a rare sight. Solani twirled around and looked back to Shani, who still seemed shocked.

"Yass, bitch. You look so fucking sexy right now" Shani hyped her up, clapping her hands excitedly. The rain trickled down the window as the phone pinged, Shani saw a message from Eric.

"Eric's here. Walk me to the door? " Shani picked up her bags.

" Yeah sure" Solani replied as they walked toward the front door 

She opened the door and hugged Shani. A stunned Eric looked at Solani, not noticing the dirty slap hitting the back of his head, causing him to scream.

" I just got a haircut," Eric rubbed the back of his stinging head.

"Why are you looking at her like that? Don't you like what you already have or what?" Shani folded her arms.

" You always want to fight. You're married to me and pregnant by me, I think that's an indication that you're the only one I want and need"

"Mmmhmm, let's go. Bye, babe, I love your outfit, by the way, I know, Lamar will like it too" She said.

"Yeah, yeah it's nice," Eric murmured as Shani grabbed Shani and they walked to the lift, getting on.

" I was only joking," Eric said, trying to please Shani as the lift doors closed.

Solani closed the front door, quickly moving to the kitchen. She and Lamar had been living in their flat for over a year, and life was blissful. The loft flat was decorated in neutral tones with a mixture of whites, creams, greys and blacks on different pieces of furniture. The large windows from the living room brought in a lot of natural light that gave the flat an airy feel during the day.