Chapter 38: A Bet is a Bet

Third Person's POV

The whole arena was silent after what Hiccup just did. Even the players from the other schools were surprised seeing a 5'10" get up that high and threw it down hard... literally.

Commentator 1: "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?! HE FLEW! IS HE AN ACTUAL DRAGON?!"

Commentator 2: "HE TOOK OFF AND THREW IT DOWN!"

Both the commentators couldn't stop their excitement and erupted with praises for Hiccup.

Hiccup's POV

I dropped to the floor after the collision and I heard a whistle, I let out a breath and I was laying down when I saw my teammates looking down on me, "Did I make the shot?" I asked, "That's the first thing you thought of?... Yeah, you actually made it." Fishlegs told me, "You're a crazy dude, you know that right?" Dominic helped me up, I just laughed at what he said.

I set up for the free throw and made it then a timeout was called, I was walking to the bench and I saw Coach E glaring at me, "I told you that don't do anything reckless." he scolded me, "I'm sorr-" I was about to apologize when Coach T cut me off and said, "But that was one hell of a move." and patted my shoulder, "Go rest." he instructed me, I nodded and sat on the bench to rest.

Third Person's POV

The remaining few minutes didn't do any good for the 'Dragons', they were not able to make a come back from the huge deficit they were behind which was lead solely by the guy in the number 1 jersey. The 'Dragons' won 92 - 73.

Commentator 1: "The player of the game goes to... Well, it's not a surprise anymore, to Henry Haddock III. He tallied an incredible 50 points, 11 assists, 10 rebounds, 5 steals, and 2 blocks. I still can't believe that this was all the stats of a debuting high school player."

Commentator 2: "What a game! Henry Haddock III, no words needed."

Hiccup's POV

The final whistle was blown signaling the end of the game. We won our first game in this year's qualifiers and we are all excited and hyped up.

We were exchanging high-fives with each others, then the commentator announced me as the player of the game.

They all circled around me and started cheering my name which was very embarrassing for me, "Let's continue this great performance we shown to the next game." Coach E told us, "Let's go back to the stand." he followed, all of us started picking our things up from the bench and walked back up to the stands.

I was showered with compliments by the 'Valkyries', I smiled and nodded as a sign of gratitude.

I was carefully packing my things back in my bag, I suddenly felt a tap on my back which made me turn around and I was greeted by Astrid, Heather, Tasia, Rebecca, and Amanda, "Oh, hey." I smiled at them.

"That was one hell of a game, Hiccup." Tuffnut said, "Yeah! It's just your first game and you already made your name known." her twin also told me, "I just played like how I always play." I replied, "I only dared you to get 40 but you went for 50 points." Astrid put her hand on my shoulder, "A bet is a bet." I showed her the headband wrapped around my wrist, "You have it on you." she took my hand and examined the headband.

"It's a gift from you so I want to wear it for my first game." I smiled at her, "We're still here, you know." Amanda cut in, "50 points... It seems you left everything on the floor already for the first game, will you still have enough gas for your next game today?" Heather asked, "I think so. My body still feels alright." I remarked, "I'm excited to see what you're going to do later." Heather added, "Me too." Ruffnut followed, "We'll see. I'll just play how I always play." I told them, "You always say that, is that your catchphrase?" Tuffnut pointed out which made the others laugh.