Chapter 41: The Alpha of the Dragons

Narration:

Hiccup was lazing around his room without nothing else to do, he got bored of watching movies and scrolling through his social media, and settled with rolling back and forth on his bed.

Hiccup's POV

"Ahhhhhh!" I groaned and I saw Toothless jumped, "I'm so bored!" I groaned again and he hissed at me for surprising him as I lay on my bed but then I suddenly remembered that Fishlegs has a backyard court so I jumped off of my bed, changed into a hoodie and jogger pants, and went there.

I already heard the sound of the ball dribbling as I approached their backyard gate. "Fishlegs! It's me!" I shouted and the gate opened as if it was magic, "How? How did you open the gate so fast? A second ago you were dribbling the ball and then you suddenly opened the gate already?" I told him as I walked inside, "What are you talking about?" he replied, "Forget it." I looked at him and he was drenched in sweat already, "You seem to be training hard." I said, "I just can't stay still after playing our games yesterday." he replied, "Me too. I even went to jog earlier since my body wasn't hurting at all." I walked to the court and picked up the ball.

"I wasn't able to process yesterday because I was so tired and all but how can you score 50 and then 40 in the next game in the same day?" he asked sitting down on the court, "I don't know too. I was also surprised when I found out that I already scored 40 in the second game." I answered while shooting the ball, "How about the 50 in the first game?" he asked, "I was really trying to score 40 points in the first game because of the bet I made with Hailey but I was feeling it so I continued to shoot and thankfully, it kept dropping in." I replied playing around with the ball.

"Even if you say that it was all for a bet, I don't think you can just score 50 just because you want to. You're something different for being able to do something like that." Fishlegs told me and I just shrugged my shoulder while spinning the ball on my finger, he just scoffed at me.

"By the way, what brought you here?" he asked, "I just got bored doing nothing." I answered, "Oh! I got an awesome idea. How about we go to 'THE PIT'?" I suggested, "That's a nice idea. We haven't been there for a long time. I'm running low in funds." he told me, I just laughed at him.

"I'll get change first." he added, "Sure." I continued shooting as he went back inside his house.

After couple of minutes, he got out wearing a shirt, basketball shorts, and basketball shoes, "Let's go, the 'Night Fury'." he teased, "How much did you brought?" he asked, "I have about 100 bucks, you?" I replied, "I have 100 bucks as well, I think I'll be about 200 bucks richer going home later." he confidently said, "Are you not changing?", "Nah! I'm fine with this." I told him when we passed my house.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

'THE PIT' was completely jampacked when we got there because it was the weekends. We need to squeeze in the crowds of people just to be able to see the courts. "I don't think we'll be able to play." I told Fishlegs, "Don't worry, I got this. Just wait here, I'll be back." he declared and he disappeared within the audience watching the games in all the courts.

I waited for him for about ten minutes before I saw him again walking towards me with a grin on his face. "I got us a game." he told me, "Really?" I asked, "Follow me." and I followed him and we walked past the number 5 court and towards the number 4 court, "Why are we here? I thought we need to 'level up' before stepping here." I asked him, "Remember when I was training here? I got better and better that I wasn't allowed to play on the number 5 court anymore so I 'levelled up'.", How about me? I haven't been able to play here for a while.", "Don't worry about it. When I told them that I came here with the 'Night Fury', there were no more questions asked. They all want to play with you." I saw about 15 people staring at me, "Are you gonna play or not?" I heard one of them shout, "We'll play." he pulled me on the court and a team was immediately formed and the game started soon after that.